Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
KingTen: 10 Egyptian Premier League players who deserve a European move this summer
The number of Egyptian players abroad have been increasing in recent years. Many factors have contributed to this rise of Pharaohs Abroad, for example the cancellation of Egyptian Premier League seasons following the Port Said tragedy, and the fact that matches are being played without fans till this date. There has also been increased exposure due to the success of some Egypt internationals abroad, including Mohamed Salah, Mohamed El-Nenny, Aly Ghazal and Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, and even half-Egyptian players, such as Stephan El Shaarawy. However, my favourite catalyst for Egyptians to chase their dreams in Europe is to improve their abilities. Some players are just too good to continue their career playing in the Egyptian Premier League, even if they are featuring for Cairo giants Al Ahly or Zamalek.
So, without further ado, here are the 10 Egyptian Premier League players Pharaohs Abroad Correspondent Mohamed Osama thinks deserve a chance in Europe this summer.
DISCLAIMER: The “Player he is similar to” does not compare the players’ skills in ANY WAY, it just refers to similar playing styles. Also, the players are not listed in any specific order.