Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
KingTen: 10 Egyptian Premier League players who deserve a European move this summer
The number of Egyptian players abroad have been increasing in recent years. Many factors have contributed to this rise of Pharaohs Abroad, for example the cancellation of Egyptian Premier League seasons following the Port Said tragedy, and the fact that matches are being played without fans till this date. There has also been increased exposure due to the success of some Egypt internationals abroad, including Mohamed Salah, Mohamed El-Nenny, Aly Ghazal and Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, and even half-Egyptian players, such as Stephan El Shaarawy. However, my favourite catalyst for Egyptians to chase their dreams in Europe is to improve their abilities. Some players are just too good to continue their career playing in the Egyptian Premier League, even if they are featuring for Cairo giants Al Ahly or Zamalek.
So, without further ado, here are the 10 Egyptian Premier League players Pharaohs Abroad Correspondent Mohamed Osama thinks deserve a chance in Europe this summer.
DISCLAIMER: The “Player he is similar to” does not compare the players’ skills in ANY WAY, it just refers to similar playing styles. Also, the players are not listed in any specific order.