Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
KingTen: 10 Egyptian Premier League players who deserve a European move this summer
The number of Egyptian players abroad have been increasing in recent years. Many factors have contributed to this rise of Pharaohs Abroad, for example the cancellation of Egyptian Premier League seasons following the Port Said tragedy, and the fact that matches are being played without fans till this date. There has also been increased exposure due to the success of some Egypt internationals abroad, including Mohamed Salah, Mohamed El-Nenny, Aly Ghazal and Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, and even half-Egyptian players, such as Stephan El Shaarawy. However, my favourite catalyst for Egyptians to chase their dreams in Europe is to improve their abilities. Some players are just too good to continue their career playing in the Egyptian Premier League, even if they are featuring for Cairo giants Al Ahly or Zamalek.
So, without further ado, here are the 10 Egyptian Premier League players Pharaohs Abroad Correspondent Mohamed Osama thinks deserve a chance in Europe this summer.
DISCLAIMER: The “Player he is similar to” does not compare the players’ skills in ANY WAY, it just refers to similar playing styles. Also, the players are not listed in any specific order.