Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
KingTen: 10 Egyptian Premier League players who deserve a European move this summer
The number of Egyptian players abroad have been increasing in recent years. Many factors have contributed to this rise of Pharaohs Abroad, for example the cancellation of Egyptian Premier League seasons following the Port Said tragedy, and the fact that matches are being played without fans till this date. There has also been increased exposure due to the success of some Egypt internationals abroad, including Mohamed Salah, Mohamed El-Nenny, Aly Ghazal and Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, and even half-Egyptian players, such as Stephan El Shaarawy. However, my favourite catalyst for Egyptians to chase their dreams in Europe is to improve their abilities. Some players are just too good to continue their career playing in the Egyptian Premier League, even if they are featuring for Cairo giants Al Ahly or Zamalek.
So, without further ado, here are the 10 Egyptian Premier League players Pharaohs Abroad Correspondent Mohamed Osama thinks deserve a chance in Europe this summer.
DISCLAIMER: The “Player he is similar to” does not compare the players’ skills in ANY WAY, it just refers to similar playing styles. Also, the players are not listed in any specific order.