Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
KingTen: 10 Egyptian Premier League players who deserve a European move this summer
The number of Egyptian players abroad have been increasing in recent years. Many factors have contributed to this rise of Pharaohs Abroad, for example the cancellation of Egyptian Premier League seasons following the Port Said tragedy, and the fact that matches are being played without fans till this date. There has also been increased exposure due to the success of some Egypt internationals abroad, including Mohamed Salah, Mohamed El-Nenny, Aly Ghazal and Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, and even half-Egyptian players, such as Stephan El Shaarawy. However, my favourite catalyst for Egyptians to chase their dreams in Europe is to improve their abilities. Some players are just too good to continue their career playing in the Egyptian Premier League, even if they are featuring for Cairo giants Al Ahly or Zamalek.
So, without further ado, here are the 10 Egyptian Premier League players Pharaohs Abroad Correspondent Mohamed Osama thinks deserve a chance in Europe this summer.
DISCLAIMER: The “Player he is similar to” does not compare the players’ skills in ANY WAY, it just refers to similar playing styles. Also, the players are not listed in any specific order.