Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Zamalek reach agreement with Contractors defender – Reports
Zamalek have managed to reach an agreement with Arab Contractors defender Mahmoud Ezzat to join the team for the next four seasons, according to news reports.
Ezzat’s contract extends with Contractors for another three years; Zamalek will have to contact Arab Contractors to reach an agreement regarding their financial demands to finalize the deal.
The 23-year-old had joined Portugal’s CD Nacional on a one-year loan in the summer of 2014 with an option to buy at the end of the spell, however, both parties had later agreed to end the loan shortly in December.
Reports about Ezzat joining Zamalek come few days after Mohamed Adel, Contractors’ director of football, denied in statements on the radio any official negotiations from Al Ahly and Zamalek to sign Ezzat. He said that his club wouldn’t sell any of the players in the current period.
“Players agents are one of the main reasons of ruining the Egyptian football, I ask Al Ahly and Zamalek to leave Contractors players alone,” Adel said.
He asserted that the Contractors wouldn’t enter into negotiations except with European clubs and that they don’t want to sell any of their players locally.
“We don’t want to sell any player except if they received an offer similar to that of Mohamed Salah. This is the kind of experience we want to repeat with any other player,” he added.