Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Gedo extends his contract with Al Ahly
Al Ahly have reached an agreement with their striker Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ to renew his contract.
Al Ahly football manager Wael Gomaa said that Gedo signed his contract and left the financial terms and the length of the contract for the club to decide. The 30-year-old contract was to expire at the end of the current season.
Gedo’s contract extension came following speculations over his future with Al Ahly, especially after being excluded from the team’s African squad under former manager Juan Carlos Garrido.
“Gedo is one of the key players in Al Ahly, his presence in the Red Castle is important,” Gomaa confirmed.
The Egypt international striker who just recovered from an injury that kept him away from the fields for almost a year, returned to the team’s squad recently and scored a goal under the leadership of the new manager Fathi Mabrouk.