Ghana coach Avram Grant has encouraged his team to do better after their...
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
Gedo extends his contract with Al Ahly
Al Ahly have reached an agreement with their striker Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ to renew his contract.
Al Ahly football manager Wael Gomaa said that Gedo signed his contract and left the financial terms and the length of the contract for the club to decide. The 30-year-old contract was to expire at the end of the current season.
Gedo’s contract extension came following speculations over his future with Al Ahly, especially after being excluded from the team’s African squad under former manager Juan Carlos Garrido.
“Gedo is one of the key players in Al Ahly, his presence in the Red Castle is important,” Gomaa confirmed.
The Egypt international striker who just recovered from an injury that kept him away from the fields for almost a year, returned to the team’s squad recently and scored a goal under the leadership of the new manager Fathi Mabrouk.