Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Gedo extends his contract with Al Ahly
Al Ahly have reached an agreement with their striker Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ to renew his contract.
Al Ahly football manager Wael Gomaa said that Gedo signed his contract and left the financial terms and the length of the contract for the club to decide. The 30-year-old contract was to expire at the end of the current season.
Gedo’s contract extension came following speculations over his future with Al Ahly, especially after being excluded from the team’s African squad under former manager Juan Carlos Garrido.
“Gedo is one of the key players in Al Ahly, his presence in the Red Castle is important,” Gomaa confirmed.
The Egypt international striker who just recovered from an injury that kept him away from the fields for almost a year, returned to the team’s squad recently and scored a goal under the leadership of the new manager Fathi Mabrouk.