Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Gedo extends his contract with Al Ahly
Al Ahly have reached an agreement with their striker Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ to renew his contract.
Al Ahly football manager Wael Gomaa said that Gedo signed his contract and left the financial terms and the length of the contract for the club to decide. The 30-year-old contract was to expire at the end of the current season.
Gedo’s contract extension came following speculations over his future with Al Ahly, especially after being excluded from the team’s African squad under former manager Juan Carlos Garrido.
“Gedo is one of the key players in Al Ahly, his presence in the Red Castle is important,” Gomaa confirmed.
The Egypt international striker who just recovered from an injury that kept him away from the fields for almost a year, returned to the team’s squad recently and scored a goal under the leadership of the new manager Fathi Mabrouk.