Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Hull City relegated to Championship after draw with Manchester United
The Tigers needed to beat Manchester United at the KC Stadium to stand any chance of survival, but the score ended up goalless at the final whistle, whilst Newcastle United defeated opponents West Ham 2-0 to secure their top flight status.
For the 38th consecutive league game this season, Egypt international Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes for Hull, which means he has started every EPL game for the Tigers since their promotion in 2013.
As expected, the home team started on the front foot and had the first attempt on goal when Senegal international Dame N’Doye met a cross from Robbie Brady inside two minutes, but his header was straight into the arms of Victor Valdes.
Wayne Rooney came close down the other end less than 30 seconds later, but the striker’s effort clipped the top of the crossbar.
The match continued to produce chances at both ends as Jelavic beat the offside trap before lifting a cross over Valdes, but Chris Smalling was on hand to head clear, before Michael Dawson headed a corner wide of the post.
Hull had the ball in the back of the net in the 18th minute when Paul McShane poked home from close range, but the centre-back was ruled offside.
The home side had another wonderful chance one minute later, but Valdes pulled off a stunning save to deny the Egyptian international Ahmed Elmohamady.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) May 24, 2015
Hull then had the ball in the back of the net for a second time from the resulting corner, but again N’Doye was ruled offside.
After the final whistle, Hull City were relegated officially to the Championship in the last week of the English Premier League season.