The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Omar El-Hussieny assists in Estonian League
The 29-year-old was included in Levadia’s starting lineup and successfully helped his team overturn an early goal in Nõmme Kalju’ Hiiu Staadion in Tallinn.
The match was open and mouth-watering throughout. Nõmme Kalju started the game with energy and confidence, and were able to score in the third minute through Japanese midfielder Hidetoshi Wakui. However, this goal only added to the excitement of the game as it gave Levadia a sense of urgency to score and improve their football.
The match saw numerous attempts on both sides of the field after the early goal. In he 30th minute, Levadia was given a penalty following a handball on Joel Lindpere. Dmitri Kruglov then successfully scored from the penalty to secure a 1-1 scoreline at the half.
The second half kicked off and both teams were in search of a second goal. The visitors had more shots and more possession of the ball, but they were held back by the home team’s defense.
In the 79th minute, El-Hussieny took advantage of an ineffective clearance and played a sublime long ball to the head of Ingermar Teever, who headed the ball past Nõmme Kalju’s keeper to clinch Levadia the three points.
With this win, Levadia rose to fourth place, five points away from league leaders Flora Tallinn. Levadia is one spot away from Europa League qualifications and still has 24 more fixtures remaining in the Meistriliiga this season.