Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Salah injured as Fiorentina resist Palermo comeback
Mohamed Salah started the game but only managed 30 minutes, but Fiorentina managed without the Egyptian star and held off Palermo until the last whistle.
The game began really heated and full of shots on target from both sides with many dangerous attempts from both sides giving fans a taste of what was to come soon.
In the 23rd minute Mohamed Salah assisted Josip Illicic who scored what is a contender for goal of the season, a beautiful strike into the top left corner to give the lead to Fiorentina.
Just three minutes later in the 26th minute Mate Jajalo equalized for Palermo with a wonderful strike just outside the 18 yard box and it found the top right corner of the goal.
Unfortunately, in the 30th minute, Mohamed Salah came off injured and was replaced by Joaquín.
The pace of the game started to slow as the match went on. Fiorentina were awarded a freekick in the 33rd minute, with Matias Fernández’s freekick deflected in by Alberto Gilardino restoring Fiorentinas lead.
The match continued to become rather stagnant, with a few attempts on goal from each side. La Viola started to lose focus and conceded a second that was scored by Lucas Rigoni to make the game 2-2.
Coming on as a substitute in the 68th minute, Marcos Alonso was the man to secure the lead for Fiorentina after finding the net in the 78th minute.
Fiorentina finished the game with 10 men as Jasmin Kurtic was sent off for two yellow cards in injury time.
Fiorentina’s next match is on Sunday May 31st against Chievo Verona. This will be Fiorentina’s last match in all competitions this season.