An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Salah injured as Fiorentina resist Palermo comeback
Mohamed Salah started the game but only managed 30 minutes, but Fiorentina managed without the Egyptian star and held off Palermo until the last whistle.
The game began really heated and full of shots on target from both sides with many dangerous attempts from both sides giving fans a taste of what was to come soon.
In the 23rd minute Mohamed Salah assisted Josip Illicic who scored what is a contender for goal of the season, a beautiful strike into the top left corner to give the lead to Fiorentina.
Just three minutes later in the 26th minute Mate Jajalo equalized for Palermo with a wonderful strike just outside the 18 yard box and it found the top right corner of the goal.
Unfortunately, in the 30th minute, Mohamed Salah came off injured and was replaced by Joaquín.
The pace of the game started to slow as the match went on. Fiorentina were awarded a freekick in the 33rd minute, with Matias Fernández’s freekick deflected in by Alberto Gilardino restoring Fiorentinas lead.
The match continued to become rather stagnant, with a few attempts on goal from each side. La Viola started to lose focus and conceded a second that was scored by Lucas Rigoni to make the game 2-2.
Coming on as a substitute in the 68th minute, Marcos Alonso was the man to secure the lead for Fiorentina after finding the net in the 78th minute.
Fiorentina finished the game with 10 men as Jasmin Kurtic was sent off for two yellow cards in injury time.
Fiorentina’s next match is on Sunday May 31st against Chievo Verona. This will be Fiorentina’s last match in all competitions this season.