Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
VIDEO: Smouha defeat ENPPI in their fight to avoid relegation
Smouha XI: El-Mahdi Soliman; Yasser Ibrahim, El-Sayed Farid, Manso Kwaku, Ayman Ashraf; Mostafa Talaat, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’, Alaa Ali; Salah Amin, Hani El-Egeizy.
ENPPI XI: Mohamed Abdel-Monsef, Ibrahim Yehia, Ramy Sabry, Mohamed Nassef, Osama Ibrahim, Nour El-Sayed, Lama Kone, Ahmed Sherwida, Mahmoud Toba, Ahmed Gaafar, Mahmoud Kaoud.
The game was heading for a draw until Smouha’s striker Herman Kwau broke the goalless game and scored in the 80th minute, giving his team a victory they needed.
The first half was equal between the two teams. Smouha’s most dangerous chance was for Hani El-Egeizy who went one-on-one with the goalkeeper, however, ENPPI’s defense managed to divert it from causing threat to their post.
ENPPI also had a chance to score in the first half, when Mahmoud Kaoud went one-on-one with the goalkeeper, however, El-Mahdi Soliman was able to save it.
The second half was less open with no real threat on any of the two posts except for Kwau’s goal towards the end of the game.
Kwau came on as a substitute at the 70th minute to score the game’s only goal 10 minutes later. The goal came after Ahmed Nabil Manga sent a cross to Kwau who converted it into the post.
Smouha’s Manso Kwaku was suspended during injury time after receiving two yellow cards; however, Smouha still managed to clinch the game’s points.
The Alexandrian team win boosted their position in the league table as they are fighting to escape the relegation zone. They are now in the 15th place with 36 points. ENPPI, however, were dealt further blow in their fight for the second place, as they stayed at 60 points in the second place, however, they played four matches more than Al Ahly, who sit in the third place with 55 points.