Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
VIDEO: Smouha defeat ENPPI in their fight to avoid relegation
Smouha XI: El-Mahdi Soliman; Yasser Ibrahim, El-Sayed Farid, Manso Kwaku, Ayman Ashraf; Mostafa Talaat, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’, Alaa Ali; Salah Amin, Hani El-Egeizy.
ENPPI XI: Mohamed Abdel-Monsef, Ibrahim Yehia, Ramy Sabry, Mohamed Nassef, Osama Ibrahim, Nour El-Sayed, Lama Kone, Ahmed Sherwida, Mahmoud Toba, Ahmed Gaafar, Mahmoud Kaoud.
The game was heading for a draw until Smouha’s striker Herman Kwau broke the goalless game and scored in the 80th minute, giving his team a victory they needed.
The first half was equal between the two teams. Smouha’s most dangerous chance was for Hani El-Egeizy who went one-on-one with the goalkeeper, however, ENPPI’s defense managed to divert it from causing threat to their post.
ENPPI also had a chance to score in the first half, when Mahmoud Kaoud went one-on-one with the goalkeeper, however, El-Mahdi Soliman was able to save it.
The second half was less open with no real threat on any of the two posts except for Kwau’s goal towards the end of the game.
Kwau came on as a substitute at the 70th minute to score the game’s only goal 10 minutes later. The goal came after Ahmed Nabil Manga sent a cross to Kwau who converted it into the post.
Smouha’s Manso Kwaku was suspended during injury time after receiving two yellow cards; however, Smouha still managed to clinch the game’s points.
The Alexandrian team win boosted their position in the league table as they are fighting to escape the relegation zone. They are now in the 15th place with 36 points. ENPPI, however, were dealt further blow in their fight for the second place, as they stayed at 60 points in the second place, however, they played four matches more than Al Ahly, who sit in the third place with 55 points.