Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Herve Renard Quits Ivory Coast
Herve Renard continued his reputation as a journey man as he announced he will ditch the Ivorian coaching job, even as rumors abound that he will take over the coaching post at Lille.
Frenchman Herve Renard has announced his departure after a short but successful tenure as coach of Ivory Coast with his resignation coming into effect with immediate effect.
He is touted as favourite to take over at French side Lille where Rene Girard departed from.
“After this success, I’ve told myself that it will be difficult to do any better and that I had to find another challenge.” This quote extracted from his interview with Fedivor.com
With 18 months still to go in his contract, there will be mixed feelings across the continent on this resignation. He pulled a similar move after his success as Zambian coach but the point of contention will be his promise to stay on.
Earlier this year, Renard denied he would leave the his post, at least not so soon, as he was linked with the Egyptian coaching role.
Others will see this as a the actions of a man who seeks to accomplish challenges and move on.
If his tenure in Europe fails he will likely be back in Africa where he has put his name in the history books with two AFCON successes. Nevertheless, his minds are set, not here, but on coaching a team in the UEFA Champions League.