Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan spoke about his side’s encounter with Nigeria’s Ifeanyi...
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
Herve Renard Quits Ivory Coast
Herve Renard continued his reputation as a journey man as he announced he will ditch the Ivorian coaching job, even as rumors abound that he will take over the coaching post at Lille.
Frenchman Herve Renard has announced his departure after a short but successful tenure as coach of Ivory Coast with his resignation coming into effect with immediate effect.
He is touted as favourite to take over at French side Lille where Rene Girard departed from.
“After this success, I’ve told myself that it will be difficult to do any better and that I had to find another challenge.” This quote extracted from his interview with Fedivor.com
With 18 months still to go in his contract, there will be mixed feelings across the continent on this resignation. He pulled a similar move after his success as Zambian coach but the point of contention will be his promise to stay on.
Earlier this year, Renard denied he would leave the his post, at least not so soon, as he was linked with the Egyptian coaching role.
Others will see this as a the actions of a man who seeks to accomplish challenges and move on.
If his tenure in Europe fails he will likely be back in Africa where he has put his name in the history books with two AFCON successes. Nevertheless, his minds are set, not here, but on coaching a team in the UEFA Champions League.