Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Herve Renard Quits Ivory Coast
Herve Renard continued his reputation as a journey man as he announced he will ditch the Ivorian coaching job, even as rumors abound that he will take over the coaching post at Lille.
Frenchman Herve Renard has announced his departure after a short but successful tenure as coach of Ivory Coast with his resignation coming into effect with immediate effect.
He is touted as favourite to take over at French side Lille where Rene Girard departed from.
“After this success, I’ve told myself that it will be difficult to do any better and that I had to find another challenge.” This quote extracted from his interview with Fedivor.com
With 18 months still to go in his contract, there will be mixed feelings across the continent on this resignation. He pulled a similar move after his success as Zambian coach but the point of contention will be his promise to stay on.
Earlier this year, Renard denied he would leave the his post, at least not so soon, as he was linked with the Egyptian coaching role.
Others will see this as a the actions of a man who seeks to accomplish challenges and move on.
If his tenure in Europe fails he will likely be back in Africa where he has put his name in the history books with two AFCON successes. Nevertheless, his minds are set, not here, but on coaching a team in the UEFA Champions League.