Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Mortada Mansour: nine players could leave Zamalek
Speaking to an Egyptian TV channel, Zamalek’s chairman confirmed that 9 players are willing to depart the White Castle following the conclusion of the season, mainly due to limited game time.
It is worth noting that Zamalek had strengthened their sqaud with 18 new players during last summer’s transfer window.
Former Ittihad El-Shorta right back Reda El-Azab is yet to feature for Zamalek since signing for them last summer.
Mansour added: “Everyone is criticising me because I’m trying to buy quality players whilst there are a lot of unused players in the current squad. I’m just doing what’s best for the team.”
When asked about Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ Abdel-Moneim, he stated that Zamalek have no problem with ENPPI or Gouna’s board, and that the club is trying to acquire the services of the league’s best players to win the title.
He said: “Shikabala’s attitude is completely different now, I hope he can sign for another club at the moment.”
“His return to the team is difficult, the player owes us 5 million pounds, in addition to owing Sporting Lisbon 10 million pounds. Therefore, his return to the club right now is almost impossible,” he added.
“I hope Shikabala ends his professional career at his boyhood club, Zamalek,” Mortada concluded.