Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Al Ahly not giving up on Wydad Casablanca’s Malick Evouna
The Reds have recently held intense negotiations with Wydad’s board to acquire the services of the Gabonese stiker, however they reportedly face competition from many European and Emirati Clubs.
Speaking to the press, the former defender made it clear that his side are not willing to give up on signing the player anytime soon.
“The player has received an offer from a French team, however it’s still possible that we sign him, we won’t give up,” he reiterated.
Al Ahly want to sign Evouna in order to increase their attacking options especially with the recent uncertainty surrounding the futures of Saladin Said and Ahmed Abdel-Zaher.
In 22 league games this season for Wydad, the 22-year-old has scored a staggering 16 goals and put his name on the assists sheet on five occasions.