Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
Claude Le Roy accuses Ghana of cheating
The Black Stars secured the three points in the Olympic Games qualifying match played at the Accra Sports Stadium against Red Devils Congo.
A solitary first-half goal from Ebo Andoh secured the win but the 2008 Black Stars coach believes that his side did not lose the game fairly.
Speaking at the post-match press briefing, Claude Le Roy said: “Ghana won with a nice goal but here is a Congo side with 6 players who are all of the right age. But the Ghana team used overaged players to beat me which is not fair.”
“I played some of the players who played today in the 2009 CHAN qualifiers in 2008. I went to Niger with them and I know what am talking about. I am not joking my brother, you can check. Some played with me way back in 2008 and they are now U23 playing today, it’s not fair.”
Its also worth mentioning that Claude Le Roy is one of the most successful coaches in African history, he also guided Cameron in the 1998 world cup, leaving the Olympics as his main target.