Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan spoke about his side’s encounter with Nigeria’s Ifeanyi...
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
Claude Le Roy accuses Ghana of cheating
The Black Stars secured the three points in the Olympic Games qualifying match played at the Accra Sports Stadium against Red Devils Congo.
A solitary first-half goal from Ebo Andoh secured the win but the 2008 Black Stars coach believes that his side did not lose the game fairly.
Speaking at the post-match press briefing, Claude Le Roy said: “Ghana won with a nice goal but here is a Congo side with 6 players who are all of the right age. But the Ghana team used overaged players to beat me which is not fair.”
“I played some of the players who played today in the 2009 CHAN qualifiers in 2008. I went to Niger with them and I know what am talking about. I am not joking my brother, you can check. Some played with me way back in 2008 and they are now U23 playing today, it’s not fair.”
Its also worth mentioning that Claude Le Roy is one of the most successful coaches in African history, he also guided Cameron in the 1998 world cup, leaving the Olympics as his main target.