Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
Ferreira believes Zamalek are the best in Egypt
The soon to retire White Knights manager was impressed by his side’s performance in their 2-0 win over Assiouty Sport.
In an interview with the official club website Ferreira said, “I asked the players to focus on the field and to play to win avoiding media attention. They really proved to be the best players in Egypt.”
He added, “Scoring early gave players confidence. Striking duo Ahmed Ali and Bassem Morsi played a very good game.”
The 69-year-old went on to refer to his side’s cruel elimination from the CAF Confirmations Cup saying, “I am delighted to score today to assert our league domination and this goal [target] is a compensation for the cancelled goal [target] in the African Confederation Cup.”
Ferreira also honoured goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy who has managed to keep an astounding seven clean sheets with victories.
He said, “I am proud of this accomplishment and have been complimented by fans. All I hope for is to be a part of Zamalek history and clinch the trophy.”
Zamalek are aiming to seal their 12th league title and their first since 2004.
If Zamalek were to go on and win the Egyptian title it would be Portuguese manager’s first honour since winning the Portuguese Cup with FC Porto in the 2009-10 season.
His interview came after Zamalek chairman said that he would be letting go nine players.