Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Ferreira believes Zamalek are the best in Egypt
The soon to retire White Knights manager was impressed by his side’s performance in their 2-0 win over Assiouty Sport.
In an interview with the official club website Ferreira said, “I asked the players to focus on the field and to play to win avoiding media attention. They really proved to be the best players in Egypt.”
He added, “Scoring early gave players confidence. Striking duo Ahmed Ali and Bassem Morsi played a very good game.”
The 69-year-old went on to refer to his side’s cruel elimination from the CAF Confirmations Cup saying, “I am delighted to score today to assert our league domination and this goal [target] is a compensation for the cancelled goal [target] in the African Confederation Cup.”
Ferreira also honoured goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy who has managed to keep an astounding seven clean sheets with victories.
He said, “I am proud of this accomplishment and have been complimented by fans. All I hope for is to be a part of Zamalek history and clinch the trophy.”
Zamalek are aiming to seal their 12th league title and their first since 2004.
If Zamalek were to go on and win the Egyptian title it would be Portuguese manager’s first honour since winning the Portuguese Cup with FC Porto in the 2009-10 season.
His interview came after Zamalek chairman said that he would be letting go nine players.