Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Ittihad join Al-Ahli in race to sign Hefny
Hefny, who signed for the Whites in the summer of 2014, has played a sizable role in his side’s so far successful surge for a first league title in 11 seasons.
However, according to the club’s official website, the Whites are ready to let the player go on a season-long loan – with Ittihad joining their city-rivals in the race to sign the Egyptian international.
Club president Mortada Mansour made clear that he does not want to let go of Hefny for less than 40 million EGP, roughly the equivalent of $5.2 million.
The former Tala’a El-Gaish man has scored three goals and made six assists for the Whites this season.
It is also worth mentioning that left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy is currently on loan to Al-Ahli Jeddah, with talks of recent indicating that the Egyptian international might secure a permanent move to ‘Al-Malaki’.