Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Ittihad join Al-Ahli in race to sign Hefny
Hefny, who signed for the Whites in the summer of 2014, has played a sizable role in his side’s so far successful surge for a first league title in 11 seasons.
However, according to the club’s official website, the Whites are ready to let the player go on a season-long loan – with Ittihad joining their city-rivals in the race to sign the Egyptian international.
Club president Mortada Mansour made clear that he does not want to let go of Hefny for less than 40 million EGP, roughly the equivalent of $5.2 million.
The former Tala’a El-Gaish man has scored three goals and made six assists for the Whites this season.
It is also worth mentioning that left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy is currently on loan to Al-Ahli Jeddah, with talks of recent indicating that the Egyptian international might secure a permanent move to ‘Al-Malaki’.