Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Al Ahly to pay fine for fans’ flares in Morocco
Confederation of African Football (CAF) have fined the Red Devils $5,000 after fans lit flares during an African Champions League match.
A number of fines were levied against teams participating in different African competitions during a recent CAF disciplinary board meeting in Cairo.
Al Ahly fans traveled to Morocco as their team faced Moghreb Tetouan in the round of 16. Some fans were seen igniting flares before the match started, which prompted disciplinary action by Africa’s leading football body.
The CAF decided that Al Ahly would pay a $5,000 fine, or roughly 38,000 Egyptian Pounds.