Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Al Ahly to pay fine for fans’ flares in Morocco
Confederation of African Football (CAF) have fined the Red Devils $5,000 after fans lit flares during an African Champions League match.
A number of fines were levied against teams participating in different African competitions during a recent CAF disciplinary board meeting in Cairo.
Al Ahly fans traveled to Morocco as their team faced Moghreb Tetouan in the round of 16. Some fans were seen igniting flares before the match started, which prompted disciplinary action by Africa’s leading football body.
The CAF decided that Al Ahly would pay a $5,000 fine, or roughly 38,000 Egyptian Pounds.