Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Al Ahly to pay fine for fans’ flares in Morocco
Confederation of African Football (CAF) have fined the Red Devils $5,000 after fans lit flares during an African Champions League match.
A number of fines were levied against teams participating in different African competitions during a recent CAF disciplinary board meeting in Cairo.
Al Ahly fans traveled to Morocco as their team faced Moghreb Tetouan in the round of 16. Some fans were seen igniting flares before the match started, which prompted disciplinary action by Africa’s leading football body.
The CAF decided that Al Ahly would pay a $5,000 fine, or roughly 38,000 Egyptian Pounds.