Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Egypt’s superstars to participate in charity match
The Mohamed Bin Abdul-Aziz stadium in Al Madīnah, Saudi Arabia will host the charity match between World’s Muslim Superstars and Saudi Arabian football stars, on Thursday May 28.
Profits made from the match will be used to help orphans and develop orphanages in Madīnah.
Many Arab Muslim players will participate in the game including Libya legend Tariq Al-Taib, Saudi Arabia’s Sami Al-Jaber and Nawaf Al Temyat, Algeria’s Rafik Saïfi, Oman’s Ali Al Habsi.
In addition to the three Egyptian former players Abou-Treika, Emam and ‘Mido,’ the list also includes non-Arab Muslim players like the former Mali International Frédéric Oumar Kanouté, Bayern Munich and France winger Franck Ribery, Liverpool’s Kolo Toure, Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema and Atletico Madrid’s Turkish superstar Arda Turan.
It is worth noting that Abou-Treika had his tourism company’s assets frozen recently after being accused of financing Muslim Brotherhood operations in Egypt.