In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Egypt’s superstars to participate in charity match
The Mohamed Bin Abdul-Aziz stadium in Al Madīnah, Saudi Arabia will host the charity match between World’s Muslim Superstars and Saudi Arabian football stars, on Thursday May 28.
Profits made from the match will be used to help orphans and develop orphanages in Madīnah.
Many Arab Muslim players will participate in the game including Libya legend Tariq Al-Taib, Saudi Arabia’s Sami Al-Jaber and Nawaf Al Temyat, Algeria’s Rafik Saïfi, Oman’s Ali Al Habsi.
In addition to the three Egyptian former players Abou-Treika, Emam and ‘Mido,’ the list also includes non-Arab Muslim players like the former Mali International Frédéric Oumar Kanouté, Bayern Munich and France winger Franck Ribery, Liverpool’s Kolo Toure, Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema and Atletico Madrid’s Turkish superstar Arda Turan.
It is worth noting that Abou-Treika had his tourism company’s assets frozen recently after being accused of financing Muslim Brotherhood operations in Egypt.