Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Egypt’s superstars to participate in charity match
The Mohamed Bin Abdul-Aziz stadium in Al Madīnah, Saudi Arabia will host the charity match between World’s Muslim Superstars and Saudi Arabian football stars, on Thursday May 28.
Profits made from the match will be used to help orphans and develop orphanages in Madīnah.
Many Arab Muslim players will participate in the game including Libya legend Tariq Al-Taib, Saudi Arabia’s Sami Al-Jaber and Nawaf Al Temyat, Algeria’s Rafik Saïfi, Oman’s Ali Al Habsi.
In addition to the three Egyptian former players Abou-Treika, Emam and ‘Mido,’ the list also includes non-Arab Muslim players like the former Mali International Frédéric Oumar Kanouté, Bayern Munich and France winger Franck Ribery, Liverpool’s Kolo Toure, Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema and Atletico Madrid’s Turkish superstar Arda Turan.
It is worth noting that Abou-Treika had his tourism company’s assets frozen recently after being accused of financing Muslim Brotherhood operations in Egypt.