Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
Ghaly suspended and fined by EFA
Ghaly was sent off during the match against Haras El Hodood as he received two successive yellow cards first for a foul against Ahmed Hassan Mekki, followed by another yellow for protesting against the referee’s decision.
The 33 year-old midfielder will serve a 4-match suspension and will have to pay a fine of 5000 Egyptian Pounds.
This suspension seems like a reply to Ghaly’s recent comments regarding the incident which saw him blamed for insulting a referee.
These have been a few tough days for Ghaly, as he was stripped of captaincy by Al Ahly’s President, Mahmoud Taher, since he threw the captain’s armband and kicked it on his way out of the pitch.