An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Hany Abou-Rida to be questioned over FIFA corruption
In the wake of the FIFA corruption investigation carried out jointly by US and Swiss authorities that resulted in the arrest of 14 FIFA officials, Egypt’s Hany Abou-Rida is set to be questioned next.
According to The Guardian , 10 executive FIFA members, including Abou-Rida will be questioned over possible “criminal mismanagement and money laundering” in regards to votes resulting in the location of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups in Russia and Qatar, respectively. Abou-Rida voted for Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup.
There have been reports of FIFA officials taking bribes and kickbacks in exchange for submitting votes in the favor of these two nations. Swiss authorities have seized data and documents from the FIFA headquarters, which should help with their investigation of these claims. It is important to note none of the ten members set to be questioned have been charged.