Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Hany Abou-Rida to be questioned over FIFA corruption
In the wake of the FIFA corruption investigation carried out jointly by US and Swiss authorities that resulted in the arrest of 14 FIFA officials, Egypt’s Hany Abou-Rida is set to be questioned next.
According to The Guardian , 10 executive FIFA members, including Abou-Rida will be questioned over possible “criminal mismanagement and money laundering” in regards to votes resulting in the location of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups in Russia and Qatar, respectively. Abou-Rida voted for Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup.
There have been reports of FIFA officials taking bribes and kickbacks in exchange for submitting votes in the favor of these two nations. Swiss authorities have seized data and documents from the FIFA headquarters, which should help with their investigation of these claims. It is important to note none of the ten members set to be questioned have been charged.