Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
Hany Abou-Rida to be questioned over FIFA corruption
In the wake of the FIFA corruption investigation carried out jointly by US and Swiss authorities that resulted in the arrest of 14 FIFA officials, Egypt’s Hany Abou-Rida is set to be questioned next.
According to The Guardian , 10 executive FIFA members, including Abou-Rida will be questioned over possible “criminal mismanagement and money laundering” in regards to votes resulting in the location of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups in Russia and Qatar, respectively. Abou-Rida voted for Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup.
There have been reports of FIFA officials taking bribes and kickbacks in exchange for submitting votes in the favor of these two nations. Swiss authorities have seized data and documents from the FIFA headquarters, which should help with their investigation of these claims. It is important to note none of the ten members set to be questioned have been charged.