Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Hany Abou-Rida to be questioned over FIFA corruption
In the wake of the FIFA corruption investigation carried out jointly by US and Swiss authorities that resulted in the arrest of 14 FIFA officials, Egypt’s Hany Abou-Rida is set to be questioned next.
According to The Guardian , 10 executive FIFA members, including Abou-Rida will be questioned over possible “criminal mismanagement and money laundering” in regards to votes resulting in the location of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups in Russia and Qatar, respectively. Abou-Rida voted for Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup.
There have been reports of FIFA officials taking bribes and kickbacks in exchange for submitting votes in the favor of these two nations. Swiss authorities have seized data and documents from the FIFA headquarters, which should help with their investigation of these claims. It is important to note none of the ten members set to be questioned have been charged.