Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
Hany Abou-Rida to be questioned over FIFA corruption
According to The Guardian , 10 executive FIFA members, including Abou-Rida will be questioned over possible “criminal mismanagement and money laundering” in regards to votes resulting in the location of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups in Russia and Qatar, respectively. Abou-Rida voted for Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup.
There have been reports of FIFA officials taking bribes and kickbacks in exchange for submitting votes in the favor of these two nations. Swiss authorities have seized data and documents from the FIFA headquarters, which should help with their investigation of these claims. It is important to note none of the ten members set to be questioned have been charged.