The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
HANDBALL: Rehab Gomaa to come out of international retirement
Earlier this week professional handball player Rehab Gomaa has announced that she’ll retire internationally after being expelled from Cairo University due to missing her finals.
Rehab plays for Ponslo on loan from Vietsel in the second division of the Danish women’s handball league. The dean of Cairo University had expelled Rehab for missing her finals although he was aware that she is abroad pursuing her career in handball. Rehab had put in a request to student affairs in the college to postpone her finals and she wasn’t informed that there are other procedures she should take for the college to agree.
Upon that, the dean expelled Rehab and she didn’t learn about it until a month later. When she received the news, Rehab announced that she will retire internationally on her Facebook page. Khaled Abdel-Aziz, Egyptian Minister of Youth and Sports, has took a personal interest in the matter and interfered to help solve the tussle between Rehab and the university, as his assistant Dr. Ashraf Sobhy called Rehab personally and assured her that the ministry will do all they can to solve the issue.
Later on the day of her retirement she was interviewed by TEN, an Egyptian TV channel, and Rehab said that she took her decision in a moment of anger and will rethink it once she’s accepted back in the university, or any other university in Egypt.