AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
HANDBALL: Rehab Gomaa to come out of international retirement
Earlier this week professional handball player Rehab Gomaa has announced that she’ll retire internationally after being expelled from Cairo University due to missing her finals.
Rehab plays for Ponslo on loan from Vietsel in the second division of the Danish women’s handball league. The dean of Cairo University had expelled Rehab for missing her finals although he was aware that she is abroad pursuing her career in handball. Rehab had put in a request to student affairs in the college to postpone her finals and she wasn’t informed that there are other procedures she should take for the college to agree.
Upon that, the dean expelled Rehab and she didn’t learn about it until a month later. When she received the news, Rehab announced that she will retire internationally on her Facebook page. Khaled Abdel-Aziz, Egyptian Minister of Youth and Sports, has took a personal interest in the matter and interfered to help solve the tussle between Rehab and the university, as his assistant Dr. Ashraf Sobhy called Rehab personally and assured her that the ministry will do all they can to solve the issue.
Later on the day of her retirement she was interviewed by TEN, an Egyptian TV channel, and Rehab said that she took her decision in a moment of anger and will rethink it once she’s accepted back in the university, or any other university in Egypt.