Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Al Ahly’s Amr Gamal back after a long injury layoff
Al Ahly doctor Khaled Mahmoud announced that the club’s striker Amr Gamal is fit for their next clash against Tunisian side Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup.
Amr Gamal was sidelined late October of last year after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament. The team have suffered since then with their attacking side, as other strikers failed to live up to expectations.
The 23-year-old was injured in Al Ahly’s game in the sixth round of the Egyptian Premier League against Assiouty Sport which ended in a 0-0 draw.
The team’s left-back Hussein El-Sayed has also been given the green light to participate with the team. El-Sayed was ruled out for a month following a shoulder injury.
Mahmoud explained that both players are medically ready to take part in the games, however, their participation decision is based on their technical and physical readiness.
The title holders are scheduled to face Club Africain on June 7 and the duo’s return will be a boost to the club who have recently suffered a string of injuries leaving them without Momen Zakaria, Trezeguet, Hossam Ashour, and Ahmed Abdel-Zaher.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly have won the first leg of the tie in Cairo with a 2-1 scoreline.