Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Al Ahly’s Amr Gamal back after a long injury layoff
Al Ahly doctor Khaled Mahmoud announced that the club’s striker Amr Gamal is fit for their next clash against Tunisian side Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup.
Amr Gamal was sidelined late October of last year after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament. The team have suffered since then with their attacking side, as other strikers failed to live up to expectations.
The 23-year-old was injured in Al Ahly’s game in the sixth round of the Egyptian Premier League against Assiouty Sport which ended in a 0-0 draw.
The team’s left-back Hussein El-Sayed has also been given the green light to participate with the team. El-Sayed was ruled out for a month following a shoulder injury.
Mahmoud explained that both players are medically ready to take part in the games, however, their participation decision is based on their technical and physical readiness.
The title holders are scheduled to face Club Africain on June 7 and the duo’s return will be a boost to the club who have recently suffered a string of injuries leaving them without Momen Zakaria, Trezeguet, Hossam Ashour, and Ahmed Abdel-Zaher.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly have won the first leg of the tie in Cairo with a 2-1 scoreline.