Pitso Mosimane revealed his interest in signing two Zamalek players ahead of...
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
VIDEO: Salah injured again as Fiorentina down Cheivo Verona
Mohamed Salah assists as Fiorentina beat Cheivo Verona 3-0, despite losing Salah Early on for the second game in a row due to injury.
Mohamed Salah started the game, but was forced to leave early after 28 minutes due to injury, after getting tackled by Cheivo defender Dainelli following an amazing take-on by the Egyptian leaving Cheivo’s player with no chance.
The game began heated and full of action, La Viola dominated the first 15 minutes, creating a lot of dangerous chances on goal. They managed to spice things up early as Ilicic scored a clinical goal following an accurate nut-meg low cross by Salah.
Mohamed Salah continued to shine and impress by attempting a couple of beautiful take-ons and creating many chances. Unfortunately, in the 28th minute, he came off injured and was replaced by Bernardeschi, the 22-year-old winger clapped his way off as he received a standing ovation by Fiorentina’s fans. Both sides failed to produce further goals until the end of the first half.
La Viola started the second-half with same passion. Gilardino scored a rapid goal two minutes into the game, however it was ruled out offside. They continued building up pressure and forcing Cheivo in their own half creating and missing many easy chances mainly by Gilardino, Bernardeschi and Ilicic.
Cheivo tried to level the game but Izco’s powerful shot hit Viola’s post at the 60th minute. Five minutes later Isaac Cofie was sent off after receiving the 2nd yellow card, leaving Cheivo with 10 men on the pitch. Bernardeschi who came on after Salah’s injury successfully scored the 2nd goal for La Viola. Just one minute before the final whistle, Croatian midfielder Badelj fired a shot past Cheivo’s keeper after a perfect one-two pass with Bernardeschi, extending Fiorentina’s lead to 3-0.
Fiorentina’s win secured them a place in next year’s UEFA Europa League as they clinched the 4th spot in the Serie A table, following Napoli’s loss to Lazio.
It is also worth noting that Salah came off injured last week against Palermo around the same time as against Chievo.
Watch the goals: