Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
VIDEO: Salah injured again as Fiorentina down Cheivo Verona
Mohamed Salah assists as Fiorentina beat Cheivo Verona 3-0, despite losing Salah Early on for the second game in a row due to injury.
Mohamed Salah started the game, but was forced to leave early after 28 minutes due to injury, after getting tackled by Cheivo defender Dainelli following an amazing take-on by the Egyptian leaving Cheivo’s player with no chance.
The game began heated and full of action, La Viola dominated the first 15 minutes, creating a lot of dangerous chances on goal. They managed to spice things up early as Ilicic scored a clinical goal following an accurate nut-meg low cross by Salah.
Mohamed Salah continued to shine and impress by attempting a couple of beautiful take-ons and creating many chances. Unfortunately, in the 28th minute, he came off injured and was replaced by Bernardeschi, the 22-year-old winger clapped his way off as he received a standing ovation by Fiorentina’s fans. Both sides failed to produce further goals until the end of the first half.
La Viola started the second-half with same passion. Gilardino scored a rapid goal two minutes into the game, however it was ruled out offside. They continued building up pressure and forcing Cheivo in their own half creating and missing many easy chances mainly by Gilardino, Bernardeschi and Ilicic.
Cheivo tried to level the game but Izco’s powerful shot hit Viola’s post at the 60th minute. Five minutes later Isaac Cofie was sent off after receiving the 2nd yellow card, leaving Cheivo with 10 men on the pitch. Bernardeschi who came on after Salah’s injury successfully scored the 2nd goal for La Viola. Just one minute before the final whistle, Croatian midfielder Badelj fired a shot past Cheivo’s keeper after a perfect one-two pass with Bernardeschi, extending Fiorentina’s lead to 3-0.
Fiorentina’s win secured them a place in next year’s UEFA Europa League as they clinched the 4th spot in the Serie A table, following Napoli’s loss to Lazio.
It is also worth noting that Salah came off injured last week against Palermo around the same time as against Chievo.
Watch the goals: