Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
VIDEO: Salah injured again as Fiorentina down Cheivo Verona
Mohamed Salah assists as Fiorentina beat Cheivo Verona 3-0, despite losing Salah Early on for the second game in a row due to injury.
Mohamed Salah started the game, but was forced to leave early after 28 minutes due to injury, after getting tackled by Cheivo defender Dainelli following an amazing take-on by the Egyptian leaving Cheivo’s player with no chance.
The game began heated and full of action, La Viola dominated the first 15 minutes, creating a lot of dangerous chances on goal. They managed to spice things up early as Ilicic scored a clinical goal following an accurate nut-meg low cross by Salah.
Mohamed Salah continued to shine and impress by attempting a couple of beautiful take-ons and creating many chances. Unfortunately, in the 28th minute, he came off injured and was replaced by Bernardeschi, the 22-year-old winger clapped his way off as he received a standing ovation by Fiorentina’s fans. Both sides failed to produce further goals until the end of the first half.
La Viola started the second-half with same passion. Gilardino scored a rapid goal two minutes into the game, however it was ruled out offside. They continued building up pressure and forcing Cheivo in their own half creating and missing many easy chances mainly by Gilardino, Bernardeschi and Ilicic.
Cheivo tried to level the game but Izco’s powerful shot hit Viola’s post at the 60th minute. Five minutes later Isaac Cofie was sent off after receiving the 2nd yellow card, leaving Cheivo with 10 men on the pitch. Bernardeschi who came on after Salah’s injury successfully scored the 2nd goal for La Viola. Just one minute before the final whistle, Croatian midfielder Badelj fired a shot past Cheivo’s keeper after a perfect one-two pass with Bernardeschi, extending Fiorentina’s lead to 3-0.
Fiorentina’s win secured them a place in next year’s UEFA Europa League as they clinched the 4th spot in the Serie A table, following Napoli’s loss to Lazio.
It is also worth noting that Salah came off injured last week against Palermo around the same time as against Chievo.
Watch the goals: