Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Fiorentina plan to convince Salah to stay, three clubs after him – Report
Salah had a successful loan period with La Viola, scoring 9 goals and making 3 assists in all competitions after joining the club last January, but the player could reportedly be pushing to a departure from the Florence-based club.
According to Calciomercato.com, Salah has informed Fiorentina that he doesn’t want to stay as he has some doubts regarding Fiorentina’s sporting project for next season. However, Salah’s reported stance could change if Fiorentina coach Vincenzo Montella stays at the club.
Meanwhile, Fiorentina plan to convince the Egyptian winger to stay at the club by accelerating the activation of his buy-out clause, which is €16m plus €2m in bonuses, in this summer window instead of June 2016 and investing most of their summer transfer budget on signing him permanently. In the same context, a meeting between Fiorentina chairman Mario Cognigni and Chelsea’s sporting director is scheduled to take place this week to discuss Salah’s future.
Calciomercato continue to explain the situation, reporting that three clubs that match Salah’s ambitions are following the 22-year-old winger. Wolfsburg, who have put Salah as their primary target in case they sold the Belgium international Kevin De Bruyne, Inter have also contacted the player’s agent Fali Ramadani to inquire about him and Atletico Madrid, whose sporting director José Luis Caminero is intrigued by Salah and wants to sign him.