Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Fiorentina plan to convince Salah to stay, three clubs after him – Report
Salah had a successful loan period with La Viola, scoring 9 goals and making 3 assists in all competitions after joining the club last January, but the player could reportedly be pushing to a departure from the Florence-based club.
According to Calciomercato.com, Salah has informed Fiorentina that he doesn’t want to stay as he has some doubts regarding Fiorentina’s sporting project for next season. However, Salah’s reported stance could change if Fiorentina coach Vincenzo Montella stays at the club.
Meanwhile, Fiorentina plan to convince the Egyptian winger to stay at the club by accelerating the activation of his buy-out clause, which is €16m plus €2m in bonuses, in this summer window instead of June 2016 and investing most of their summer transfer budget on signing him permanently. In the same context, a meeting between Fiorentina chairman Mario Cognigni and Chelsea’s sporting director is scheduled to take place this week to discuss Salah’s future.
Calciomercato continue to explain the situation, reporting that three clubs that match Salah’s ambitions are following the 22-year-old winger. Wolfsburg, who have put Salah as their primary target in case they sold the Belgium international Kevin De Bruyne, Inter have also contacted the player’s agent Fali Ramadani to inquire about him and Atletico Madrid, whose sporting director José Luis Caminero is intrigued by Salah and wants to sign him.