Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
VIDEO: Gabr salvages draw for Zamalek against El-Gouna
The Whites, who had their lead at the top cut to nine points following Al Ahly’s win against Dakhleya two and a half hours later went behind courtesy of Omar El-Said’s finish before making amends via Ali Gabr’s header.
El-Gouna XI: Amer Amer; Ahmed Magdy, Hassan El-Shamy, Mano, Ahmed Ibrahim, Saad Hosni, Samuel Okran, Ali Eid, Omar El-Said (Karim Tarek) Mahmoud Sayed (Islam Mohareb); Abdelfattah El-Agha (Sherif Ashraf)
Zamalek XI: Ahmed El-Shennawy; Hamada Tolba, Ali Gabr, Omar Gaber, Mohamed Koffi; Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Tawfik (Ahmed Samir), Hazem Emam; Ahmed Eid (Mostafa Fathy), Bassem Morsi, Khaled Kamar (Abdoulaye Cisse)
Rainer Zobel’s men started the game off in fashion when El-Said gave them the lead inside one minute when he rounded Ali Gabr before finishing past El-Shennawy with style.
The Whites missed a glorious opportunity to equalize 15 minutes later when Khaled Kamar went through on goal, but decided to cut inside even more before falling to the ground and wasting his side’s best chance of the half.
Omar Gaber then tried his luck from distance, only to witness his shot go wide of the post.
Zamalek had their equaliser on the brink of half time when Gabr made amends for his carelessness in the goal his side conceded by equalising with a sumptuous header.
Omar El-Said could’ve had his second of the game in injury time when he fired wide from inside the six-yard box, having done really well to skip past his markers.
Substitute Mostafa Fathy started to cause havoc, and 15 minutes into the second half he whipped a cross into the area, but no one was on the receiving end.
Bassem Morsi tried his all to secure all three points for the Whites as he skipped past El-Gouna defenders only to fire his finish over the bar.
Gaber was next to create a chance as he whipped a cross into the box, but yet again – no one was on the receiving end.
Zamalek’s best chance of the game came four minutes into injury time when the ball reached Morsi inside the box, before he somehow fired wide; 1-1 the final score.