Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Michael Essien joins Panathinaikos on two-year deal
The Ghanaian international Michael Essien has joined Panathinaikos on a two-year deal as a free agent from AC Milan.
The 32-year-old midfielder arrived to Athens earlier on Tuesday to sign a two-year contract with Panathinaikos on a free transfer after ending his 18-month spell with AC Milan. The contract is reportedly worth €1.2 million per year.
Essien expressed his happiness and pleasure as he was greeted by many supporters on his arrival at Athens International Airport before passing the medical examination on Tuesday.
It is worth mentioning that the ex-Chelsea and Real Madrid player has failed to live up to expectations at AC Milan because of injuries, featuring in just 13 Serie A matches this season, without scoring or assisting any goal.
The Greek club will play in next season’s Champions League qualifying round, after they managed to secure first place in the Greek league playoffs.