After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Michael Essien joins Panathinaikos on two-year deal
The Ghanaian international Michael Essien has joined Panathinaikos on a two-year deal as a free agent from AC Milan.
The 32-year-old midfielder arrived to Athens earlier on Tuesday to sign a two-year contract with Panathinaikos on a free transfer after ending his 18-month spell with AC Milan. The contract is reportedly worth €1.2 million per year.
Essien expressed his happiness and pleasure as he was greeted by many supporters on his arrival at Athens International Airport before passing the medical examination on Tuesday.
It is worth mentioning that the ex-Chelsea and Real Madrid player has failed to live up to expectations at AC Milan because of injuries, featuring in just 13 Serie A matches this season, without scoring or assisting any goal.
The Greek club will play in next season’s Champions League qualifying round, after they managed to secure first place in the Greek league playoffs.