Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Michael Essien joins Panathinaikos on two-year deal
The Ghanaian international Michael Essien has joined Panathinaikos on a two-year deal as a free agent from AC Milan.
The 32-year-old midfielder arrived to Athens earlier on Tuesday to sign a two-year contract with Panathinaikos on a free transfer after ending his 18-month spell with AC Milan. The contract is reportedly worth €1.2 million per year.
Essien expressed his happiness and pleasure as he was greeted by many supporters on his arrival at Athens International Airport before passing the medical examination on Tuesday.
It is worth mentioning that the ex-Chelsea and Real Madrid player has failed to live up to expectations at AC Milan because of injuries, featuring in just 13 Serie A matches this season, without scoring or assisting any goal.
The Greek club will play in next season’s Champions League qualifying round, after they managed to secure first place in the Greek league playoffs.