Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Michael Essien joins Panathinaikos on two-year deal
The Ghanaian international Michael Essien has joined Panathinaikos on a two-year deal as a free agent from AC Milan.
The 32-year-old midfielder arrived to Athens earlier on Tuesday to sign a two-year contract with Panathinaikos on a free transfer after ending his 18-month spell with AC Milan. The contract is reportedly worth €1.2 million per year.
Essien expressed his happiness and pleasure as he was greeted by many supporters on his arrival at Athens International Airport before passing the medical examination on Tuesday.
It is worth mentioning that the ex-Chelsea and Real Madrid player has failed to live up to expectations at AC Milan because of injuries, featuring in just 13 Serie A matches this season, without scoring or assisting any goal.
The Greek club will play in next season’s Champions League qualifying round, after they managed to secure first place in the Greek league playoffs.