Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Michael Essien joins Panathinaikos on two-year deal
The Ghanaian international Michael Essien has joined Panathinaikos on a two-year deal as a free agent from AC Milan.
The 32-year-old midfielder arrived to Athens earlier on Tuesday to sign a two-year contract with Panathinaikos on a free transfer after ending his 18-month spell with AC Milan. The contract is reportedly worth €1.2 million per year.
Essien expressed his happiness and pleasure as he was greeted by many supporters on his arrival at Athens International Airport before passing the medical examination on Tuesday.
It is worth mentioning that the ex-Chelsea and Real Madrid player has failed to live up to expectations at AC Milan because of injuries, featuring in just 13 Serie A matches this season, without scoring or assisting any goal.
The Greek club will play in next season’s Champions League qualifying round, after they managed to secure first place in the Greek league playoffs.