Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that his Cameroonian defender Joël Matip will not be going...
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
Amr Gamal returns as Ahly name squad for Club Africain clash
Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk has announced the 19-man squad to face Club Africain in the second leg of the CAF Confederations Cup round of 16.
The Egyptian manager has announced the squad travelling to Tunisia. Amr Gamal is on the squad list for the first time since his ACL tear injury in October last year, after club doctor Khaled Mahmoud declared the Egypt striker fit to play.
Meanwhile Momen Zakaria, Hussein El-Sayed, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ and Ahmed Abdel-Zaher are still out due to injury.
The Red Devils will try to secure a spot in the CAF Confederations Cup group stages, after beating Club Africain 2-1 in the first leg in Egypt, thanks to goals by Emad Meteb and Abdel-Zaher.
Al Ahly were knocked out of the CAF Champions League under their previous manager, Spaniard Juan Carlos Garrido.
Al Ahly squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel, Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Saad Samir, Sabry Rahil, Mohamed Naguib, Sherif Hazem, Bassem Ali, Mohamed Hany
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ashour, Abdallah El-Said, Ramadan Sobhy, Walid Soliman, Karim Bambo.
Forwards: Emad Meteb, Amr Gamal, Peter Ebomboei, Salahdin Said.