Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Al Ahly ‘secretly’ sign Mohamed Hamdy from Ittihad of Alexandria
The 23-year old forward has reportedly put pen-to-paper on a five-year contract with the Cairo-based club, but did so without Ittihad of Alexandria’s knowledge.
Hamdy has enjoyed a fruitful season with Ittihad, contributing heavily to their current position in the top half of the Egyptian Premier League, earning him the nickname “Little Gedo”. His excellent form has seen him called up by Héctor Cúper for the Malawi friendly on June 8 and for the first AFCON 2017 qualifier on June 14 against Tanzania.
Hamdy’s signing will bolster Al Ahly’s largely disappointing attacking corps. Emad Meteb currently has 11 league goals, while the remaining strikers Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Saladin Said, Peter Ebimobowei, Gedo, and Amr Gamal have combined for 12 this season. It should be noted that Gedo has recently returned from an ACL injury and signed a new contract with the club, Amr Gamal has also been sidelined for the majority of the season due to an ACL injury and has just returned to training with the club.