Algerian side MO Bejaia are eyeing their first continental competition when they...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Al Ahly ‘secretly’ sign Mohamed Hamdy from Ittihad of Alexandria
The 23-year old forward has reportedly put pen-to-paper on a five-year contract with the Cairo-based club, but did so without Ittihad of Alexandria’s knowledge.
Hamdy has enjoyed a fruitful season with Ittihad, contributing heavily to their current position in the top half of the Egyptian Premier League, earning him the nickname “Little Gedo”. His excellent form has seen him called up by Héctor Cúper for the Malawi friendly on June 8 and for the first AFCON 2017 qualifier on June 14 against Tanzania.
Hamdy’s signing will bolster Al Ahly’s largely disappointing attacking corps. Emad Meteb currently has 11 league goals, while the remaining strikers Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Saladin Said, Peter Ebimobowei, Gedo, and Amr Gamal have combined for 12 this season. It should be noted that Gedo has recently returned from an ACL injury and signed a new contract with the club, Amr Gamal has also been sidelined for the majority of the season due to an ACL injury and has just returned to training with the club.