Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Al Ahly ‘secretly’ sign Mohamed Hamdy from Ittihad of Alexandria
The 23-year old forward has reportedly put pen-to-paper on a five-year contract with the Cairo-based club, but did so without Ittihad of Alexandria’s knowledge.
Hamdy has enjoyed a fruitful season with Ittihad, contributing heavily to their current position in the top half of the Egyptian Premier League, earning him the nickname “Little Gedo”. His excellent form has seen him called up by Héctor Cúper for the Malawi friendly on June 8 and for the first AFCON 2017 qualifier on June 14 against Tanzania.
Hamdy’s signing will bolster Al Ahly’s largely disappointing attacking corps. Emad Meteb currently has 11 league goals, while the remaining strikers Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Saladin Said, Peter Ebimobowei, Gedo, and Amr Gamal have combined for 12 this season. It should be noted that Gedo has recently returned from an ACL injury and signed a new contract with the club, Amr Gamal has also been sidelined for the majority of the season due to an ACL injury and has just returned to training with the club.