AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Al Ahly ‘secretly’ sign Mohamed Hamdy from Ittihad of Alexandria
The 23-year old forward has reportedly put pen-to-paper on a five-year contract with the Cairo-based club, but did so without Ittihad of Alexandria’s knowledge.
Hamdy has enjoyed a fruitful season with Ittihad, contributing heavily to their current position in the top half of the Egyptian Premier League, earning him the nickname “Little Gedo”. His excellent form has seen him called up by Héctor Cúper for the Malawi friendly on June 8 and for the first AFCON 2017 qualifier on June 14 against Tanzania.
Hamdy’s signing will bolster Al Ahly’s largely disappointing attacking corps. Emad Meteb currently has 11 league goals, while the remaining strikers Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Saladin Said, Peter Ebimobowei, Gedo, and Amr Gamal have combined for 12 this season. It should be noted that Gedo has recently returned from an ACL injury and signed a new contract with the club, Amr Gamal has also been sidelined for the majority of the season due to an ACL injury and has just returned to training with the club.