Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
Al Ahly ‘secretly’ sign Mohamed Hamdy from Ittihad of Alexandria
The 23-year old forward has reportedly put pen-to-paper on a five-year contract with the Cairo-based club, but did so without Ittihad of Alexandria’s knowledge.
Hamdy has enjoyed a fruitful season with Ittihad, contributing heavily to their current position in the top half of the Egyptian Premier League, earning him the nickname “Little Gedo”. His excellent form has seen him called up by Héctor Cúper for the Malawi friendly on June 8 and for the first AFCON 2017 qualifier on June 14 against Tanzania.
Hamdy’s signing will bolster Al Ahly’s largely disappointing attacking corps. Emad Meteb currently has 11 league goals, while the remaining strikers Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Saladin Said, Peter Ebimobowei, Gedo, and Amr Gamal have combined for 12 this season. It should be noted that Gedo has recently returned from an ACL injury and signed a new contract with the club, Amr Gamal has also been sidelined for the majority of the season due to an ACL injury and has just returned to training with the club.