History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Egyptian bodybuilder ‘Big Ramy’ wins Arnold Classic Brazil in Sao Paulo
Egyptian Bodybuilder Mamdouh Elssibiay, also known as ‘Big Ramy’, was crowned as the champion of the third edition of Arnold Classic Brazil, which took place in Sao Paulo.
Last Sunday, Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor, politician and founder of the Arnold Classic Brazil honored Big Ramy for coming in first place in the body building competition. Arnold Classic is an event that hosts competitions in 28 different sports like Power-Lifting, Table Tennis and Pole Dancing.
The Body Building competition had nine body builders other than Big Ramy but the Egyptian managed to claim the title making him the first Egyptian and Arab to win the competition. Arnold hailed Big Ramy’s win as “a tremendous success not only in Brazil, but all over the world.”
Aside from wining such prestigious competition, Big Ramy has gone home with a trophy, a Hummer Vehicle, a Rolex watch and a staggering money prize of $100,000. Big Ramy is originally from the coastal city of Alexandria in Egypt but is now living and training in Kuwait.
Kuwaiti News Outlet Al-Anbaa also hailed Big Ramy, describing his win as “a historic and unprecedented accomplishment for Arabs”. Al-Anbaa continued by saying: “Big Ramy has placed both Egypt and Kuwait at the top of bodybuilding success.”