The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Egyptian bodybuilder ‘Big Ramy’ wins Arnold Classic Brazil in Sao Paulo
Egyptian Bodybuilder Mamdouh Elssibiay, also known as ‘Big Ramy’, was crowned as the champion of the third edition of Arnold Classic Brazil, which took place in Sao Paulo.
Last Sunday, Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor, politician and founder of the Arnold Classic Brazil honored Big Ramy for coming in first place in the body building competition. Arnold Classic is an event that hosts competitions in 28 different sports like Power-Lifting, Table Tennis and Pole Dancing.
The Body Building competition had nine body builders other than Big Ramy but the Egyptian managed to claim the title making him the first Egyptian and Arab to win the competition. Arnold hailed Big Ramy’s win as “a tremendous success not only in Brazil, but all over the world.”
Aside from wining such prestigious competition, Big Ramy has gone home with a trophy, a Hummer Vehicle, a Rolex watch and a staggering money prize of $100,000. Big Ramy is originally from the coastal city of Alexandria in Egypt but is now living and training in Kuwait.
Kuwaiti News Outlet Al-Anbaa also hailed Big Ramy, describing his win as “a historic and unprecedented accomplishment for Arabs”. Al-Anbaa continued by saying: “Big Ramy has placed both Egypt and Kuwait at the top of bodybuilding success.”