Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
UPDATED: ENPPI coach Tarek El-Ashry joins UAE’s Al Shaab
El Ashry is currently managing ENPPI, who are second in the Egyptian Premier League, nine points behind league leaders Zamalek, who have three games in hand.
The nationally-acclaimed manager received plaudits after leading Haras El-Hodood to two straight Egypt Cup titles in 2009 and 2010. He also led them to win the 2009 Egyptian Super Cup after defeating Al Ahly.
The former defensive stalwart joined ENPPI in 2012 before departing to join Ahli Benghazi the next year. El-Ashry then returned to Egypt to manage ENPPI again. El-Ashry’s contract with the petroleum club expires by the end of the current season.
The 44-year-old will take over at Al Shaab, who were promoted this year to the UAE Arabian Gulf League, the country’s top professional football league.
Update: June 9
Tarek El-Ashry has been officially unveiled as the club’s new manager following his resignation from ENPPI.