Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
UPDATED: ENPPI coach Tarek El-Ashry joins UAE’s Al Shaab
El Ashry is currently managing ENPPI, who are second in the Egyptian Premier League, nine points behind league leaders Zamalek, who have three games in hand.
The nationally-acclaimed manager received plaudits after leading Haras El-Hodood to two straight Egypt Cup titles in 2009 and 2010. He also led them to win the 2009 Egyptian Super Cup after defeating Al Ahly.
The former defensive stalwart joined ENPPI in 2012 before departing to join Ahli Benghazi the next year. El-Ashry then returned to Egypt to manage ENPPI again. El-Ashry’s contract with the petroleum club expires by the end of the current season.
The 44-year-old will take over at Al Shaab, who were promoted this year to the UAE Arabian Gulf League, the country’s top professional football league.
Update: June 9
Tarek El-Ashry has been officially unveiled as the club’s new manager following his resignation from ENPPI.