Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
UPDATED: ENPPI coach Tarek El-Ashry joins UAE’s Al Shaab
The nationally-acclaimed manager received plaudits after leading Haras El-Hodood to two straight Egypt Cup titles in 2009 and 2010. He also led them to win the 2009 Egyptian Super Cup after defeating Al Ahly.
The former defensive stalwart joined ENPPI in 2012 before departing to join Ahli Benghazi the next year. El-Ashry then returned to Egypt to manage ENPPI again. El-Ashry’s contract with the petroleum club expires by the end of the current season.
The 44-year-old will take over at Al Shaab, who were promoted this year to the UAE Arabian Gulf League, the country’s top professional football league.
Update: June 9
Tarek El-Ashry has been officially unveiled as the club’s new manager following his resignation from ENPPI.