Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
UPDATED: ENPPI coach Tarek El-Ashry joins UAE’s Al Shaab
El Ashry is currently managing ENPPI, who are second in the Egyptian Premier League, nine points behind league leaders Zamalek, who have three games in hand.
The nationally-acclaimed manager received plaudits after leading Haras El-Hodood to two straight Egypt Cup titles in 2009 and 2010. He also led them to win the 2009 Egyptian Super Cup after defeating Al Ahly.
The former defensive stalwart joined ENPPI in 2012 before departing to join Ahli Benghazi the next year. El-Ashry then returned to Egypt to manage ENPPI again. El-Ashry’s contract with the petroleum club expires by the end of the current season.
The 44-year-old will take over at Al Shaab, who were promoted this year to the UAE Arabian Gulf League, the country’s top professional football league.
Update: June 9
Tarek El-Ashry has been officially unveiled as the club’s new manager following his resignation from ENPPI.