Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
UPDATED: ENPPI coach Tarek El-Ashry joins UAE’s Al Shaab
El Ashry is currently managing ENPPI, who are second in the Egyptian Premier League, nine points behind league leaders Zamalek, who have three games in hand.
The nationally-acclaimed manager received plaudits after leading Haras El-Hodood to two straight Egypt Cup titles in 2009 and 2010. He also led them to win the 2009 Egyptian Super Cup after defeating Al Ahly.
The former defensive stalwart joined ENPPI in 2012 before departing to join Ahli Benghazi the next year. El-Ashry then returned to Egypt to manage ENPPI again. El-Ashry’s contract with the petroleum club expires by the end of the current season.
The 44-year-old will take over at Al Shaab, who were promoted this year to the UAE Arabian Gulf League, the country’s top professional football league.
Update: June 9
Tarek El-Ashry has been officially unveiled as the club’s new manager following his resignation from ENPPI.