Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
First Day of the Second Round of the Alexandria WISO
The first official day for the Bibliotheca Alexandrina to host the first half of the second round of the Alexandria World International Squash Open saw two Egyptians qualify to the quarter-finals.
Englands Alsion Waters defeated Egyptian player Habiba Mohamed 3-1 in the longest match of the day, 53 minutes. Omneya Abdel-Kawy played an all-Egyptian match against Mariam Metwally, who has a rough road to reach this match after making it from the preliminary round and surprisingly beating Salma Hany in the first round. Omneya managed to beat Mariam 3-1 in 45 minutes.
World number 1 Nicole David beat 17-year-old Egyptian Nouran Gohar 3-0 in the shortest match of the day lasting 40 minutes. Nicole is set to face Nour El-Tayeb who beat Kanzy El-Dafrawy 3-1 in 52 minutes. Having booked their places in the quarter-finals, we are to wait for the second half of the round be played on Sunday for the quarters to finish.