Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
First Day of the Second Round of the Alexandria WISO
The first official day for the Bibliotheca Alexandrina to host the first half of the second round of the Alexandria World International Squash Open saw two Egyptians qualify to the quarter-finals.
Englands Alsion Waters defeated Egyptian player Habiba Mohamed 3-1 in the longest match of the day, 53 minutes. Omneya Abdel-Kawy played an all-Egyptian match against Mariam Metwally, who has a rough road to reach this match after making it from the preliminary round and surprisingly beating Salma Hany in the first round. Omneya managed to beat Mariam 3-1 in 45 minutes.
World number 1 Nicole David beat 17-year-old Egyptian Nouran Gohar 3-0 in the shortest match of the day lasting 40 minutes. Nicole is set to face Nour El-Tayeb who beat Kanzy El-Dafrawy 3-1 in 52 minutes. Having booked their places in the quarter-finals, we are to wait for the second half of the round be played on Sunday for the quarters to finish.