Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
First Day of the Second Round of the Alexandria WISO
The first official day for the Bibliotheca Alexandrina to host the first half of the second round of the Alexandria World International Squash Open saw two Egyptians qualify to the quarter-finals.
Englands Alsion Waters defeated Egyptian player Habiba Mohamed 3-1 in the longest match of the day, 53 minutes. Omneya Abdel-Kawy played an all-Egyptian match against Mariam Metwally, who has a rough road to reach this match after making it from the preliminary round and surprisingly beating Salma Hany in the first round. Omneya managed to beat Mariam 3-1 in 45 minutes.
World number 1 Nicole David beat 17-year-old Egyptian Nouran Gohar 3-0 in the shortest match of the day lasting 40 minutes. Nicole is set to face Nour El-Tayeb who beat Kanzy El-Dafrawy 3-1 in 52 minutes. Having booked their places in the quarter-finals, we are to wait for the second half of the round be played on Sunday for the quarters to finish.