Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
First Day of the Second Round of the Alexandria WISO
The first official day for the Bibliotheca Alexandrina to host the first half of the second round of the Alexandria World International Squash Open saw two Egyptians qualify to the quarter-finals.
Englands Alsion Waters defeated Egyptian player Habiba Mohamed 3-1 in the longest match of the day, 53 minutes. Omneya Abdel-Kawy played an all-Egyptian match against Mariam Metwally, who has a rough road to reach this match after making it from the preliminary round and surprisingly beating Salma Hany in the first round. Omneya managed to beat Mariam 3-1 in 45 minutes.
World number 1 Nicole David beat 17-year-old Egyptian Nouran Gohar 3-0 in the shortest match of the day lasting 40 minutes. Nicole is set to face Nour El-Tayeb who beat Kanzy El-Dafrawy 3-1 in 52 minutes. Having booked their places in the quarter-finals, we are to wait for the second half of the round be played on Sunday for the quarters to finish.