Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
U-20 World Cup Roundup: All four African representatives advance
All four African representatives at the ongoing FIFA U-20 World Cup have advanced to the next round of the competition, which is taking place in New Zealand.
A solitary late strike from Emmanuel Boateng gave Ghana a 1-0 win over Panama, to help the Sellas Tetteh tutoured side finish top of Group B with 7 points.
Senegal also advanced to the round of 16 despite finishing third in group C, as goals from Alhassane Sylla and Moussa Kone helped them come from a goal down to beat Qatar 2-1 after Akram Afif gave had given the Asians an early lead from the spot.
Mali and Nigeria advanced after finishing second in Groups D and E respectively. Adama Traore equalized for the Malians who came from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Uruguay. While a brace from Taiwo Awoniyi gave Nigeria a 2-0 win over Honduras.
Ghana, who won the competition in 2009 will now face fellow West African, Mali, in the second round at Wellington on June 10. While Senegal face Ukraine at Auckland on the same date.
Nigeria who qualified for the competition as African champions will play against European champions, Germany, in Christchurch on June 11.