In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
CAF Confederations Cup 2015 Group Stage Set
Zamalek knocked out Sanga Balende to complete the cast of eight set to compete in the group stage of CAF Confederations Cup 2015.
The path to CAF Confederations 2015 glory is now clearer after the 2nd legs of an enthralling play-off round were completed. Africa’s two most successful clubs, Al Ahly and Zamalek, lead the charge in group A and B respectively.
Group A will see Al Ahly encounter more Tunisian opposition with their elimination of Club Africain in mind. These will be Esperance Tunis, who knocked out Hearts of Oak and Etoile Sahel who edged Raja Casablanca. Stade Malien completes the group which kicks off on the weekend of 26-28th June; the Malians travel to Sousse to play Etoile while Ahly host Esperance Tunis.
Group B features a very familiar cast, with trio Zamalek, Orlando Pirates and AC Leopards having met in the CAF Champions League group stage in 2013. They will be joined by another Tunisian side, CS Sfaxien; the most successful side in this competition with three titles. Zamalek host CS Sfaxien on matchday 1 whereas AC Leopard takes on Orlando Pirates at home.