Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Mortada Mansour: Ferriera is leaving at the end of the season
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has confirmed that Zamalek’s coach Jesualdo Ferriera is set to leave the White Castle at the end of the current season.
“Ferriera is set to leave the Club at the end of his 6 month contract, as he is not willing to extend his contract. However, I’ll hold a meeting with him one week before the contract expiry to know his final decision.” he said.
He added, “If Ferriera’s final decision was to depart the club, then Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ will be appointed as the new manager, along with Tarek Mostafa and Samy El-Shesheny as his assistants.”
Mansour expressed his anger with Ahmed Eid, Khaled Kamar and Mohamed Koffi following their actions during Zamalek’s 3-1 win against Sanga Belende in the CAF Confederations cup.
He said: “I was very concerned with Eid and Koffi’s actions during the game. They were very nervous and couldn’t control their temper.”
“I even sent Hani Zadeh and Ahmed Galal Ibrahim to the changing room during the half time break to calm the players down, and tell them not to argue with the referee” he added.
He criticised the way Khaled Kamar celebrated his goal, by putting his hands over his ears. “I didn’t understand what he meant with this celebration gesture. There weren’t any fans in the stadium and every single team and board member was supporting him. I don’t want to see this happen again.”
Mortada also commented on Ultras White Knights. He stated that he will be withdrawing his case which was filed against members of the Ultras, especially university students. However, he stressed that he won’t withdraw his case against the Ultras White Knights leaders.
“I will withdraw my case filed against some university students, just for the sake of their parents, but not their leaders.” he said. “Ultras is a disease spreading in the community, they’re a bunch of criminals and thugs.” he concluded.