Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Ramadan Sobhy withdraws from Egypt squad
Ramadan Sobhy has withdrawn from the Egyptian National Team training camp ahead of the upcoming friendly and African Cup Qualifier.
The 18 year old Ahly midfielder, who would have been the youngest player to feature for the first squad since Ahmed Hossam “Mido”, has cited an injury sustained in Al Ahly’s victory over Club Africain in the CAF Confederations Cup as his reason for withdrawal.
The training camp, due to be held in Alexandria, comes as preparation for the National Team, with a friendly against Malawi on the 8th of June followed by the first match of qualifying for the 2017 African Cup of Nations on the 14th of June against Tanzania.
Sobhy, one of the two Al Ahly players called upon by manager Hector Cuper, suffered a muscular injury which has forced him to pull out of the camp in Al Ahly’s dramatic penalty shoot out victory over Tunisian side Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup last night. The youngster played the full 90 minutes for the Cairo giants, ultimately converting the winning penalty to spare Al Ahly’s blushes after conceding a last minute goal to equalise the tie on aggregate.
Saad Samir, the other of the two Ahly players selected in the squad, will join up with the squad on Tuesday after a short recovery from the Club Africain match. Ahmed El-Shennawy, Hazem Emam, Ibrahim Salah, Omar Gaber, Ahmed Tawfik, Mostafa Fathi and in form striker Bassem Morsi round out the call ups for the squad, with the Zamalek players to join up following their win in the CAF Confederations Cup, progressing 3-2 on aggregate against Congolese side Sanga Balende following a 3-1 home victory.