In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Ramadan Sobhy withdraws from Egypt squad
Ramadan Sobhy has withdrawn from the Egyptian National Team training camp ahead of the upcoming friendly and African Cup Qualifier.
The 18 year old Ahly midfielder, who would have been the youngest player to feature for the first squad since Ahmed Hossam “Mido”, has cited an injury sustained in Al Ahly’s victory over Club Africain in the CAF Confederations Cup as his reason for withdrawal.
The training camp, due to be held in Alexandria, comes as preparation for the National Team, with a friendly against Malawi on the 8th of June followed by the first match of qualifying for the 2017 African Cup of Nations on the 14th of June against Tanzania.
Sobhy, one of the two Al Ahly players called upon by manager Hector Cuper, suffered a muscular injury which has forced him to pull out of the camp in Al Ahly’s dramatic penalty shoot out victory over Tunisian side Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup last night. The youngster played the full 90 minutes for the Cairo giants, ultimately converting the winning penalty to spare Al Ahly’s blushes after conceding a last minute goal to equalise the tie on aggregate.
Saad Samir, the other of the two Ahly players selected in the squad, will join up with the squad on Tuesday after a short recovery from the Club Africain match. Ahmed El-Shennawy, Hazem Emam, Ibrahim Salah, Omar Gaber, Ahmed Tawfik, Mostafa Fathi and in form striker Bassem Morsi round out the call ups for the squad, with the Zamalek players to join up following their win in the CAF Confederations Cup, progressing 3-2 on aggregate against Congolese side Sanga Balende following a 3-1 home victory.