Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
Ramadan Sobhy withdraws from Egypt squad
The 18 year old Ahly midfielder, who would have been the youngest player to feature for the first squad since Ahmed Hossam “Mido”, has cited an injury sustained in Al Ahly’s victory over Club Africain in the CAF Confederations Cup as his reason for withdrawal.
The training camp, due to be held in Alexandria, comes as preparation for the National Team, with a friendly against Malawi on the 8th of June followed by the first match of qualifying for the 2017 African Cup of Nations on the 14th of June against Tanzania.
Sobhy, one of the two Al Ahly players called upon by manager Hector Cuper, suffered a muscular injury which has forced him to pull out of the camp in Al Ahly’s dramatic penalty shoot out victory over Tunisian side Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup last night. The youngster played the full 90 minutes for the Cairo giants, ultimately converting the winning penalty to spare Al Ahly’s blushes after conceding a last minute goal to equalise the tie on aggregate.
Saad Samir, the other of the two Ahly players selected in the squad, will join up with the squad on Tuesday after a short recovery from the Club Africain match. Ahmed El-Shennawy, Hazem Emam, Ibrahim Salah, Omar Gaber, Ahmed Tawfik, Mostafa Fathi and in form striker Bassem Morsi round out the call ups for the squad, with the Zamalek players to join up following their win in the CAF Confederations Cup, progressing 3-2 on aggregate against Congolese side Sanga Balende following a 3-1 home victory.