ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Cote d’Ivoire’s Gervinho signs for Al-Jazira
After leaving Arsenal to join AS Roma, Gervinho enjoyed a fruitful first season in the Serie A. However, after a lackluster second season, the Giallorossi were open to moving on from the winger.
Gervinho was a staple in the Ivory Coast side who won their second AFCON championship in 2015, and he will play an important role in the 2017 AFCON qualifiers that begin this weekend.
Ivory Coast was drawn into Group I for the qualifiers, along with Sudan, Gabon, and Sierra Leone. It should be noted that Les Éléphants were ranked as the second best African team in the latest edition of the FIFA Rankings, after only Algeria.