Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Cote d’Ivoire’s Gervinho signs for Al-Jazira
After leaving Arsenal to join AS Roma, Gervinho enjoyed a fruitful first season in the Serie A. However, after a lackluster second season, the Giallorossi were open to moving on from the winger.
Gervinho was a staple in the Ivory Coast side who won their second AFCON championship in 2015, and he will play an important role in the 2017 AFCON qualifiers that begin this weekend.
Ivory Coast was drawn into Group I for the qualifiers, along with Sudan, Gabon, and Sierra Leone. It should be noted that Les Éléphants were ranked as the second best African team in the latest edition of the FIFA Rankings, after only Algeria.