Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Two Egyptians into the Semi-Finals of the Alexandria WISO
The Quarter Finals of the Alexandria World International Squash Open took place on Monday in the Bibliotheca Alexandrina seeing two Egyptians qualify to the semi-finals.
Four Egyptians played in the Quarter finals, but only two made it into the semi-finals. First match of the day was Egyptian Omneya Abdel-Kawy who beat England’s Alison waters 3-2 in 53 minutes. World number one Nicole David beat Egyptian Nour El-Tayeb 3-0 in the shortest match of the round 41 minutes.
It wasn’t an Easy battle for Laura Massaro to claim her seat in the Semi-Finals as it took her 63 minutes, the longest game of the tournament, to beat Egyptian Nour El-Sherbini 3-2. Egyptian Raneem El-Welily was the last to seize her seat after she defeated British Open Winner French Camille Serme 3-2 in 55 minutes.
It’s worth mentioning that The semi-finals are to kick off on Tuesday, David is to face Omneya and Massaro set to face Raneem.