Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Two Egyptians into the Semi-Finals of the Alexandria WISO
The Quarter Finals of the Alexandria World International Squash Open took place on Monday in the Bibliotheca Alexandrina seeing two Egyptians qualify to the semi-finals.
Four Egyptians played in the Quarter finals, but only two made it into the semi-finals. First match of the day was Egyptian Omneya Abdel-Kawy who beat England’s Alison waters 3-2 in 53 minutes. World number one Nicole David beat Egyptian Nour El-Tayeb 3-0 in the shortest match of the round 41 minutes.
It wasn’t an Easy battle for Laura Massaro to claim her seat in the Semi-Finals as it took her 63 minutes, the longest game of the tournament, to beat Egyptian Nour El-Sherbini 3-2. Egyptian Raneem El-Welily was the last to seize her seat after she defeated British Open Winner French Camille Serme 3-2 in 55 minutes.
It’s worth mentioning that The semi-finals are to kick off on Tuesday, David is to face Omneya and Massaro set to face Raneem.