Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
ENPPI chairman denies Al Ahly talks to sign Kahraba and Ashour
ENPPI chairman Maged Nagati has denied rumors about Al Ahly negotiating with him for the services of his team’s attacking duo Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ and Salah Ashour.
The petroleum club player Saleh Gomaa had previously said that he promised Al Ahly officials to join the Reds when he is back to the Egyptian Premier League, after ending his loan spell with Portuguese side CD Nacional.
”Al Ahly have only negotiated with us over Saleh Gomaa, this is simply because the player isn’t part of the team’s squad in the Egyptian Premier League, therefore negotiations are acceptable,” Nagati said in a televised program.
Nagati, however, denied reports linking Al Ahly with Kahraba and Ashour, for they are part of the team’s squad in the Egyptian league this season.
“Al Ahly did not inquire about the services of any other player currently included in the team’s squad. This is due to their respect to ENPPI and our chances in the league competition,” he added.
ENPPI’s chairman said that Zamalek, however, are in talks to sign six of the petroleum club players. He also mentioned that they have reached an agreement with Zamalek, where the Whites would pay their outstanding dues in Islam Awad’s transfer.
“Zamalek board members are currently seeking to resolve Islam Awad’s problem, as they want to acquire the services of six other players from our team.”