Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Al Shabab announce John Antwi transfer to Al Ahly
The Red Devils have secured the services of 22-year-old Ghanaian talisman John Antwi for one million dollars, Al Shabab announced on their official Twitter account.
Antwi signed for Al Shabab from Ismaily in January for a reported $2.2 million, but the White Lions deemed the striker surplus to requirements, after scoring only four goals in Saudi Arabia.
— نادي الشباب السعودي (@AlShababSaudiFC) June 10, 2015
Antwi is no stranger to the Egyptian Premier League, as he spent two years at Ismaily, scoring 28 goals before being sold to Al Shabab. The Ghanaian also previously underwent a trial at Al Ahly, but was rejected by the manager at the time, Hossam El-Badry.
The former Egyptian league top scorer will join an Al Ahly strike-force desperate for goals as they look to rebound next year, as this season’s title race is all but over. The Red Devils are currently in third place, nine points behind their Cairo rivals Zamalek, who have one game in hand at the top of the table.