KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Al Shabab announce John Antwi transfer to Al Ahly
The Red Devils have secured the services of 22-year-old Ghanaian talisman John Antwi for one million dollars, Al Shabab announced on their official Twitter account.
Antwi signed for Al Shabab from Ismaily in January for a reported $2.2 million, but the White Lions deemed the striker surplus to requirements, after scoring only four goals in Saudi Arabia.
— نادي الشباب السعودي (@AlShababSaudiFC) June 10, 2015
Antwi is no stranger to the Egyptian Premier League, as he spent two years at Ismaily, scoring 28 goals before being sold to Al Shabab. The Ghanaian also previously underwent a trial at Al Ahly, but was rejected by the manager at the time, Hossam El-Badry.
The former Egyptian league top scorer will join an Al Ahly strike-force desperate for goals as they look to rebound next year, as this season’s title race is all but over. The Red Devils are currently in third place, nine points behind their Cairo rivals Zamalek, who have one game in hand at the top of the table.