Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Al Shabab announce John Antwi transfer to Al Ahly
The Red Devils have secured the services of 22-year-old Ghanaian talisman John Antwi for one million dollars, Al Shabab announced on their official Twitter account.
Antwi signed for Al Shabab from Ismaily in January for a reported $2.2 million, but the White Lions deemed the striker surplus to requirements, after scoring only four goals in Saudi Arabia.
— نادي الشباب السعودي (@AlShababSaudiFC) June 10, 2015
Antwi is no stranger to the Egyptian Premier League, as he spent two years at Ismaily, scoring 28 goals before being sold to Al Shabab. The Ghanaian also previously underwent a trial at Al Ahly, but was rejected by the manager at the time, Hossam El-Badry.
The former Egyptian league top scorer will join an Al Ahly strike-force desperate for goals as they look to rebound next year, as this season’s title race is all but over. The Red Devils are currently in third place, nine points behind their Cairo rivals Zamalek, who have one game in hand at the top of the table.