Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Al Shabab announce John Antwi transfer to Al Ahly
The Red Devils have secured the services of 22-year-old Ghanaian talisman John Antwi for one million dollars, Al Shabab announced on their official Twitter account.
Antwi signed for Al Shabab from Ismaily in January for a reported $2.2 million, but the White Lions deemed the striker surplus to requirements, after scoring only four goals in Saudi Arabia.
— نادي الشباب السعودي (@AlShababSaudiFC) June 10, 2015
Antwi is no stranger to the Egyptian Premier League, as he spent two years at Ismaily, scoring 28 goals before being sold to Al Shabab. The Ghanaian also previously underwent a trial at Al Ahly, but was rejected by the manager at the time, Hossam El-Badry.
The former Egyptian league top scorer will join an Al Ahly strike-force desperate for goals as they look to rebound next year, as this season’s title race is all but over. The Red Devils are currently in third place, nine points behind their Cairo rivals Zamalek, who have one game in hand at the top of the table.