Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
Abdul-Aziz: Salah, Sobhy ready to face Tanzania
National team director Alaa Abdul Aziz was asked about Mohamed Salah as well as Ramadan Sobhy on Wednesday, who have both been subject to concerns regarding their fitness, with the latter rumored to have sustained an injury in Al Ahly’s Confederation Cup game against Club Africain. He also spoke about the team’s objective of reaching the 2018 World Cup finals.
Abdul Aziz explained that both Salah and Sobhy are fit, healthy, and ready for the Tanzania match on June 14. “Ramadan Sobhy and Mohamed Salah are fit and ready to participate in front of Tanzania, Cúper preferred not to play them in front of Malawi in order to rest them”
“Sobhy sustained a couple of bruises against Club Africain, but he is ready to play in our next game”
The director also spoke about the team’s ambitions to reach the World Cup finals of 2018. Abdul Aziz revealed that he will be sitting with Egyptian Football association’s member Amer Hussein to develop a plan that should extend until 2018 with the primary objective of that plan being the team’s reaching the 2018 World Cup that is set to take place in Russia.
“I will sit with Amer Hussein and prepare a plan for the team that will extend to 2018 in order to prepare for the world cup qualifying rounds. The plan will include the structure of the local competitions in order to adapt to the qualifiers schedules. It will also include predetermined friendlies. Even if the current staff leaves or is replaced this plan will still be implemented.”
It is worth mentioning that Egypt opens its 2017 AFCON qualifying campaign on Sunday against Tanzania in Egypt. The game will be Héctor Cúper’s first competitive game since taking over earlier this year.