Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Women’s World Cup Roundup: Côte d’Ivoire thrashed, Cameroon romp
The first round of games in the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup saw a deluge of goals in both games involving Côte d’Ivoire and Cameroon, Africa’s only representatives on the biggest stage this year.
However, the Elephants were on the wrong end of said goals in their Group B match against Germany; a 10-0 defeat made for a horror start in the West Africans’ first ever appearance in the tournament, having failed to qualify for the last three editions.
Selia Sasic and Anja Mittag both grabbed hat-tricks in their team’s resounding win, and Côte d’Ivoire will need to bounce back immediately against Thailand if they want to enter the final round of games with a chance of qualifying.
On the other hand, fellow debutants Cameroon had something to smile about as they dispatched Group C opponents Ecuador (who are also making their first World Cup appearance) 6-0 in a thrilling attacking display.
23-year-old Gaelle Enganamouit stole the headlines with a hat-trick that capped an imperious performance.
Next up for the Indomitable Lionesses is a tricky encounter versus a powerful Japan side.