Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Women’s World Cup Roundup: Côte d’Ivoire thrashed, Cameroon romp
The first round of games in the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup saw a deluge of goals in both games involving Côte d’Ivoire and Cameroon, Africa’s only representatives on the biggest stage this year.
However, the Elephants were on the wrong end of said goals in their Group B match against Germany; a 10-0 defeat made for a horror start in the West Africans’ first ever appearance in the tournament, having failed to qualify for the last three editions.
Selia Sasic and Anja Mittag both grabbed hat-tricks in their team’s resounding win, and Côte d’Ivoire will need to bounce back immediately against Thailand if they want to enter the final round of games with a chance of qualifying.
On the other hand, fellow debutants Cameroon had something to smile about as they dispatched Group C opponents Ecuador (who are also making their first World Cup appearance) 6-0 in a thrilling attacking display.
23-year-old Gaelle Enganamouit stole the headlines with a hat-trick that capped an imperious performance.
Next up for the Indomitable Lionesses is a tricky encounter versus a powerful Japan side.