KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Women’s World Cup Roundup: Côte d’Ivoire thrashed, Cameroon romp
The first round of games in the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup saw a deluge of goals in both games involving Côte d’Ivoire and Cameroon, Africa’s only representatives on the biggest stage this year.
However, the Elephants were on the wrong end of said goals in their Group B match against Germany; a 10-0 defeat made for a horror start in the West Africans’ first ever appearance in the tournament, having failed to qualify for the last three editions.
Selia Sasic and Anja Mittag both grabbed hat-tricks in their team’s resounding win, and Côte d’Ivoire will need to bounce back immediately against Thailand if they want to enter the final round of games with a chance of qualifying.
On the other hand, fellow debutants Cameroon had something to smile about as they dispatched Group C opponents Ecuador (who are also making their first World Cup appearance) 6-0 in a thrilling attacking display.
23-year-old Gaelle Enganamouit stole the headlines with a hat-trick that capped an imperious performance.
Next up for the Indomitable Lionesses is a tricky encounter versus a powerful Japan side.