Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek has joined Arab Contractors on loan until the end of...
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
Women’s World Cup Roundup: Côte d’Ivoire thrashed, Cameroon romp
The first round of games in the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup saw a deluge of goals in both games involving Côte d’Ivoire and Cameroon, Africa’s only representatives on the biggest stage this year.
However, the Elephants were on the wrong end of said goals in their Group B match against Germany; a 10-0 defeat made for a horror start in the West Africans’ first ever appearance in the tournament, having failed to qualify for the last three editions.
Selia Sasic and Anja Mittag both grabbed hat-tricks in their team’s resounding win, and Côte d’Ivoire will need to bounce back immediately against Thailand if they want to enter the final round of games with a chance of qualifying.
On the other hand, fellow debutants Cameroon had something to smile about as they dispatched Group C opponents Ecuador (who are also making their first World Cup appearance) 6-0 in a thrilling attacking display.
23-year-old Gaelle Enganamouit stole the headlines with a hat-trick that capped an imperious performance.
Next up for the Indomitable Lionesses is a tricky encounter versus a powerful Japan side.