Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Official: Benfica sign QPR and Morocco’s Adel Taarabt
Taarabt, 26, had his contract with the London side terminated by mutual consent as part of the inevitable exodus of players that occurs whenever a club with an inflated payroll is relegated.
The Moroccan international leaves the Rangers after six years, which were full of ups and downs.
In 2011, he was named Football League Player of the Year after inspiring QPR to promotion to the Premier League.
He was sent out on loan to Fulham and A.C. Milan in 2013 and 2014, respectively, before being released from QPR at the end of this season.
— Sport Lisboa Benfica (@SL_Benfica) June 12, 2015
After winning their appeal to play in the 2017 AFCON, the Atlas Lions were drawn into Group F of the qualifiers, which begin this weekend, along with Cape Verde, Libya, and Sao Tome.
After a lacklustre season, Taarabt has not been included in the squad. Morocco face Libya later today (9:00 p.m. Egypt time) in the first match of their qualification campaign.
Taraabt has a reputation for controversial behavior, but his quality is undoubted.