Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Official: Benfica sign QPR and Morocco’s Adel Taarabt
Taarabt, 26, had his contract with the London side terminated by mutual consent as part of the inevitable exodus of players that occurs whenever a club with an inflated payroll is relegated.
The Moroccan international leaves the Rangers after six years, which were full of ups and downs.
In 2011, he was named Football League Player of the Year after inspiring QPR to promotion to the Premier League.
He was sent out on loan to Fulham and A.C. Milan in 2013 and 2014, respectively, before being released from QPR at the end of this season.
— Sport Lisboa Benfica (@SL_Benfica) June 12, 2015
After winning their appeal to play in the 2017 AFCON, the Atlas Lions were drawn into Group F of the qualifiers, which begin this weekend, along with Cape Verde, Libya, and Sao Tome.
After a lacklustre season, Taarabt has not been included in the squad. Morocco face Libya later today (9:00 p.m. Egypt time) in the first match of their qualification campaign.
Taraabt has a reputation for controversial behavior, but his quality is undoubted.