Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Official: Benfica sign QPR and Morocco’s Adel Taarabt
Taarabt, 26, had his contract with the London side terminated by mutual consent as part of the inevitable exodus of players that occurs whenever a club with an inflated payroll is relegated.
The Moroccan international leaves the Rangers after six years, which were full of ups and downs.
In 2011, he was named Football League Player of the Year after inspiring QPR to promotion to the Premier League.
He was sent out on loan to Fulham and A.C. Milan in 2013 and 2014, respectively, before being released from QPR at the end of this season.
— Sport Lisboa Benfica (@SL_Benfica) June 12, 2015
After winning their appeal to play in the 2017 AFCON, the Atlas Lions were drawn into Group F of the qualifiers, which begin this weekend, along with Cape Verde, Libya, and Sao Tome.
After a lacklustre season, Taarabt has not been included in the squad. Morocco face Libya later today (9:00 p.m. Egypt time) in the first match of their qualification campaign.
Taraabt has a reputation for controversial behavior, but his quality is undoubted.