Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Mortada Mansour: Ferreira to sign one-year contract extension
In the latest revelation in a series of twists and turns, Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour announced on Thursday afternoon that manager Jesualdo Ferreira would probably remain at the helm of the team through next season.
Just few days after announcing Ferreira will be leaving Zamalek at the end of the current season, Mansour backtracked on his decision and announced that the Portuguese manager would probably sign a new contract extending his stay at the White Castle until the end of next season.
“My son Ahmed is meeting right now with Ferreira and his family to finalize the deal to renew his contract for another season,” Mortada Mansour said in a televised interview.
Ferreira has done a commendable job at Zamalek, leading the team to the top of the Egyptian Premier League, nine points ahead of second-place ENPPI, with four games still in hand. He has also led the team to the group stage of the CAF Confederation Cup, after Zamalek’s 3-1 win over Sanga Balende.