Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Mortada Mansour: Ferreira to sign one-year contract extension
In the latest revelation in a series of twists and turns, Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour announced on Thursday afternoon that manager Jesualdo Ferreira would probably remain at the helm of the team through next season.
Just few days after announcing Ferreira will be leaving Zamalek at the end of the current season, Mansour backtracked on his decision and announced that the Portuguese manager would probably sign a new contract extending his stay at the White Castle until the end of next season.
“My son Ahmed is meeting right now with Ferreira and his family to finalize the deal to renew his contract for another season,” Mortada Mansour said in a televised interview.
Ferreira has done a commendable job at Zamalek, leading the team to the top of the Egyptian Premier League, nine points ahead of second-place ENPPI, with four games still in hand. He has also led the team to the group stage of the CAF Confederation Cup, after Zamalek’s 3-1 win over Sanga Balende.