Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Mortada Mansour: Ferreira to sign one-year contract extension
In the latest revelation in a series of twists and turns, Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour announced on Thursday afternoon that manager Jesualdo Ferreira would probably remain at the helm of the team through next season.
Just few days after announcing Ferreira will be leaving Zamalek at the end of the current season, Mansour backtracked on his decision and announced that the Portuguese manager would probably sign a new contract extending his stay at the White Castle until the end of next season.
“My son Ahmed is meeting right now with Ferreira and his family to finalize the deal to renew his contract for another season,” Mortada Mansour said in a televised interview.
Ferreira has done a commendable job at Zamalek, leading the team to the top of the Egyptian Premier League, nine points ahead of second-place ENPPI, with four games still in hand. He has also led the team to the group stage of the CAF Confederation Cup, after Zamalek’s 3-1 win over Sanga Balende.