Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Zamalek and Sfaxien engage in pre-match Twitter banter
After defeating Congolese side Sanga Balende in the round of 16 and advancing to the group stage, the White Knights were drawn into a group containing Tunisian juggernauts CS Sfaxien, who Zamalek will host on matchday one.
On Friday afternoon, Zamalek added some fuel to the fire of the anticipated matchup by posting a friendly Twitter joke at the expense of the Juventus Al Arab. Zamalek asked the official CS Sfaxien Twitter account if they remembered a match from 2003 in the Arab Champions League, in which Zamalek defeated the Tunisian club 3-1.
CS Sfaxien wasted no time in reminding the Egyptians that they won that edition of the Arab Champions League, and even defeated Zamalek in the semi-finals en-route to the championship.
— Club Sportif Sfaxien (@CSS_1928) June 11, 2015
Not to be outdone, Zamalek also reminded the Tunisians of their victory in the 1996 CAF Champions League final, which gave the White Castle their fourth CAF Champions League title. They have since added a further title.
Zamalek reminded the Tunisian club that they have yet to win a single Champions League title, before wishing their counterparts luck in their upcoming matchup.
— Zamalek SC (@ZSCOfficial) June 11, 2015