Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Zamalek and Sfaxien engage in pre-match Twitter banter
After defeating Congolese side Sanga Balende in the round of 16 and advancing to the group stage, the White Knights were drawn into a group containing Tunisian juggernauts CS Sfaxien, who Zamalek will host on matchday one.
On Friday afternoon, Zamalek added some fuel to the fire of the anticipated matchup by posting a friendly Twitter joke at the expense of the Juventus Al Arab. Zamalek asked the official CS Sfaxien Twitter account if they remembered a match from 2003 in the Arab Champions League, in which Zamalek defeated the Tunisian club 3-1.
CS Sfaxien wasted no time in reminding the Egyptians that they won that edition of the Arab Champions League, and even defeated Zamalek in the semi-finals en-route to the championship.
— Club Sportif Sfaxien (@CSS_1928) June 11, 2015
Not to be outdone, Zamalek also reminded the Tunisians of their victory in the 1996 CAF Champions League final, which gave the White Castle their fourth CAF Champions League title. They have since added a further title.
Zamalek reminded the Tunisian club that they have yet to win a single Champions League title, before wishing their counterparts luck in their upcoming matchup.
— Zamalek SC (@ZSCOfficial) June 11, 2015