Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Elmohamady among four players cut from Egypt squad
Along with Elmohamady, Amr El-Sulaya, Salah Ashour, and Mahmoud Qaoud were cut by the Argentine manager. The exclusion of the latter three was due to technical reasons, while Elmohamady was excluded due to injury.
El-Sulaya started in last week’s 2-1 win over Malawi, which was Cúper’s second successive victory as Egypt manager. Ashour and Qaoud were both given cameos, while Elmohamady was not fit to participate.
After an impressive start as manager, Cúper looks to lead the Pharaohs to their first AFCON finals in 5 years, after failing to qualify for the last three editions. Egypt was drawn into Group G along with Tanzania, Nigeria, and Chad. The Pharaohs host Tanzania on Sunday evening (7:00 p.m. Egypt time).