Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Elmohamady among four players cut from Egypt squad
Along with Elmohamady, Amr El-Sulaya, Salah Ashour, and Mahmoud Qaoud were cut by the Argentine manager. The exclusion of the latter three was due to technical reasons, while Elmohamady was excluded due to injury.
El-Sulaya started in last week’s 2-1 win over Malawi, which was Cúper’s second successive victory as Egypt manager. Ashour and Qaoud were both given cameos, while Elmohamady was not fit to participate.
After an impressive start as manager, Cúper looks to lead the Pharaohs to their first AFCON finals in 5 years, after failing to qualify for the last three editions. Egypt was drawn into Group G along with Tanzania, Nigeria, and Chad. The Pharaohs host Tanzania on Sunday evening (7:00 p.m. Egypt time).