Zamalek have reportedly refused to let their player Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh join the Egyptian locals national...
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
Elmohamady among four players cut from Egypt squad
Along with Elmohamady, Amr El-Sulaya, Salah Ashour, and Mahmoud Qaoud were cut by the Argentine manager. The exclusion of the latter three was due to technical reasons, while Elmohamady was excluded due to injury.
El-Sulaya started in last week’s 2-1 win over Malawi, which was Cúper’s second successive victory as Egypt manager. Ashour and Qaoud were both given cameos, while Elmohamady was not fit to participate.
After an impressive start as manager, Cúper looks to lead the Pharaohs to their first AFCON finals in 5 years, after failing to qualify for the last three editions. Egypt was drawn into Group G along with Tanzania, Nigeria, and Chad. The Pharaohs host Tanzania on Sunday evening (7:00 p.m. Egypt time).