Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Elmohamady among four players cut from Egypt squad
Along with Elmohamady, Amr El-Sulaya, Salah Ashour, and Mahmoud Qaoud were cut by the Argentine manager. The exclusion of the latter three was due to technical reasons, while Elmohamady was excluded due to injury.
El-Sulaya started in last week’s 2-1 win over Malawi, which was Cúper’s second successive victory as Egypt manager. Ashour and Qaoud were both given cameos, while Elmohamady was not fit to participate.
After an impressive start as manager, Cúper looks to lead the Pharaohs to their first AFCON finals in 5 years, after failing to qualify for the last three editions. Egypt was drawn into Group G along with Tanzania, Nigeria, and Chad. The Pharaohs host Tanzania on Sunday evening (7:00 p.m. Egypt time).