Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Elmohamady among four players cut from Egypt squad
Along with Elmohamady, Amr El-Sulaya, Salah Ashour, and Mahmoud Qaoud were cut by the Argentine manager. The exclusion of the latter three was due to technical reasons, while Elmohamady was excluded due to injury.
El-Sulaya started in last week’s 2-1 win over Malawi, which was Cúper’s second successive victory as Egypt manager. Ashour and Qaoud were both given cameos, while Elmohamady was not fit to participate.
After an impressive start as manager, Cúper looks to lead the Pharaohs to their first AFCON finals in 5 years, after failing to qualify for the last three editions. Egypt was drawn into Group G along with Tanzania, Nigeria, and Chad. The Pharaohs host Tanzania on Sunday evening (7:00 p.m. Egypt time).