Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Volleyball: Egypt defeat Venezuela in FIVB World League
Venezuela started strong as they led 5-8 in the first set but after the first time out Egypt gradually took control to win the set 25-22.
The Egyptians tightened their grip on the game and reached a gap for four points in the second set at 16-12 before eventually clinching it with the same score 25-22.
The third set saw a series of good play as Egypt continued their dominance and won the set by a big margin 25-17.
Egypt’s top scorer was Zamalek’s Badawy Mohamed with 18 points, while Kervin Urbina was Venezuela’s best with 12 points.
The tournament consists of eight pools, of four teams each, divided among three intercontinental groups.
The win was Egypt’s second in three games in pool H of the Intercontinental Group 3, having beat hosts Kazakhstan 3-0 and narrowly losing their opening game against Spain 2-3.
Victories with the scores 3-0 or 3-1 grant three points to the winning team and zero points to the losing side, while a 3-2 victory grants the winner two points and the loser one point.
Egypt currently sit with seven points at the top of pool H; two points and one game more than Spain who face Kazakhstan later today 14 June. Only the top team from pool H qualifies for the Group 3 final round which will be hosted by Slovakia.
The second leg of pool H games will be held in Cairo Stadium as Egypt face Kazakhstan on 19 June, Venezuela on 20 June, before playing the final game against Spain on 21 June.