Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Volleyball: Egypt defeat Venezuela in FIVB World League
Venezuela started strong as they led 5-8 in the first set but after the first time out Egypt gradually took control to win the set 25-22.
The Egyptians tightened their grip on the game and reached a gap for four points in the second set at 16-12 before eventually clinching it with the same score 25-22.
The third set saw a series of good play as Egypt continued their dominance and won the set by a big margin 25-17.
Egypt’s top scorer was Zamalek’s Badawy Mohamed with 18 points, while Kervin Urbina was Venezuela’s best with 12 points.
The tournament consists of eight pools, of four teams each, divided among three intercontinental groups.
The win was Egypt’s second in three games in pool H of the Intercontinental Group 3, having beat hosts Kazakhstan 3-0 and narrowly losing their opening game against Spain 2-3.
Victories with the scores 3-0 or 3-1 grant three points to the winning team and zero points to the losing side, while a 3-2 victory grants the winner two points and the loser one point.
Egypt currently sit with seven points at the top of pool H; two points and one game more than Spain who face Kazakhstan later today 14 June. Only the top team from pool H qualifies for the Group 3 final round which will be hosted by Slovakia.
The second leg of pool H games will be held in Cairo Stadium as Egypt face Kazakhstan on 19 June, Venezuela on 20 June, before playing the final game against Spain on 21 June.