Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Al Ahly technical staff want Trezeguet to stay amid Anderlecht interest
Al Ahly football director Wael Gomaa informed the club’s board that they want midfielder Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet to stay with the team amid interest from Anderlecht.
Wael Gomaa said in a meeting with Al Ahly’s board, headed by president Mahmoud Taher, on Monday morning that the club’s technical staff want Mahmoud Trezeguet to remain at the club despite interest from Europe.
Gomaa said that the staff believes that Trezeguet was effective to the team’s performances, emphasizing his importance to the team for next season. This came as a response to Belgian giants Anderlecht‘s offer to sign the 20-year-old Egypt international.
“Al Ahly need the efforts of Trezeguet. Fathi Mabrouk thinks his performance is effective and wants to keep him in the club next season as he is one of the main elements of the team,” Al Ahly football director Gomaa said.
The former international defender said that they left Trezeguet’s transfer decision and the possibility of him joining any European side to the club’s football committee.
“It’s the football committee’s decision now to determine the player’s future,” Gomaa said.
He added that the committee would study all the aspects of the issue and would announce the decision in the right time.
Anderlecht have expressed their interest in signing the young star as they have been hoping to land his signature this summer. Trezeguet said Anderlecht were to increase their bid for him to €3.5million, but currently the offer the Red Devils received was €700,000 plus up to €300K in bonuses.
Trezeguet, who has been out of the team’s squad due to injury since May, played an important role with the Red Devils this season, scoring five goals and assisting eight.