Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
John Antwi: It’s a dream come true to join Al Ahly
Al Ahly have announced on Tuesday that they secured the services of Ghanaian striker John Antwi from Al Shabab of Saudi Arabia. The 22-year-old joined Al Ahly for $1 million on a four-year deal; five months after the Ghanaian hitman joined the Saudi club from Ahly’s rivals Ismaily.
The newly signed player asserted that it is an honor for any player to be part of the biggest team in Africa and the world’s most decorated team.
“Playing for Al Ahly was my biggest dream as a football player, and now it came true, and I became a player in the biggest club in Egypt and Africa.”
“I hope that luck be on my side during my period with the team and to meet the expectations of the club’s fans, who are the biggest in Egypt,” Antwi said.
He said that he is aiming to help Al Ahly win more titles and championships. He also declared that he hopes to achieve the league’s top scorer title.
“My goal during the coming period is to regain the league’s top scorer title, which I lost after leaving Ismaily,” Antwi said.
Antwi had previously spent two years at Ismaily, topping the goal scoring charts each season with a combined 28 goals before being sold to Al Shabab. The Ghanaian underwent a trial at Al Ahly in 2012 before joining Ismaily, but was rejected by then manager Hossam El-Badry.