Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Ismaily president: Sulaya wants Al Ahly
Ismaily club president Mohamed Abou El-Soud said in television remarks that the club knows of Sulaya and his father’s preference to move to Al Ahly. He revealed that the club offered Amr El-Sulaya a contract renewal worth nine million pounds until 2018; in addition to raising his wages from 1.3 million to two million EGP to convince him of renewing his contract with the Dervishes.
The 25-year-old midfielder, whose contract runs out at the end of next season, hasn’t responded to the latest contract negotiations with Ismaily, despite the club announcing weeks ago that he agreed to an extension. Mohamed Abou El-Soud also added that it’s difficult to agree to an Ahly transfer due to tensions between supporters of both clubs when it comes to player transfers, and previously issued a hands off warning to both Cairo giants amidst interest from the Gulf.
Adding to the above point, the Ismaily president revealed that: “The only offer we received was from Zamalek’s president, Mortada Mansour, as we have an affiliation between the two clubs; if any player leaves Zamalek, we’ll have the priority to sign him.”