Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
VIDEO: Mortada with scathing attack on Abdel-Wahed
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has attacked former goalkeeper Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed after the latter presented the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) with documents that could result in the club being handed a transfer ban.
The current Misr El-Maqassa keeper, who defended the Whites’ goal for a staggering 17 years, presented the EFA with a complaint against the club, alongside former right-back Ahmed Samir.
Speaking to Al-Nahar, Mortada attacked both players’ decisions to appeal to court, with the club owing Abdel-Wahed a reported 7.4 million EGP and Samir 4.2 million EGP.
“I’ll chop off the hand of whoever wants to inflict a transfer ban on the club, stay away from Zamalek,” Mortada said.
“Abdel-Wahed is a terrible goalkeeper anyway, he’s an embarrassment. He earned about 18 million EGP in his time at the club, and he didn’t do anything to Zamalek.
“He used to laugh when a goal was conceded, and cry when Zamalek scored. In fact, we signed [current striker] Khaled Kamar after the comedic goal he scored against Abdel-Wahed [in last season’s Group B decider].
“Abdel-Wahed left all the late salaries for four years and he didn’t want a dime from [former club president] Mamdouh Abbas, and now he wants them. Ahmed Gaafar, Nour El-Sayed, Arafa El-Sayed.
“I’m paying all of the debts Mamdouh Abbas left, I’m giving money away! Did Samir forget his wife’s fake club ID which could’ve sent him to court?”