Egypt’s national volleyball team won the 2016 Women’s U-23 African Nations Championship...
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
Egypt finish 9th in Field Hockey World League
The Egyptian Field Hockey National Team defeated Austria in a match to decide 9th and 10th place at the Field Hockey World League finals held in Argentina. Egypt won the match 4-3 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in normal time.
The Egyptian National Team faced a tough path to reach the 2015 Field Hockey World League in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Egypt faced China, South Africa, Belarus and France in the qualifying play-offs.
Egypt defeated China 4-1 on their own turf in the second stage of the qualifiers to face Belarus in the Quarter finals. Egypt destroyed Belarus beating them 7-1 on neutral grounds. Egypt lost 5-2 to France in the semi-finals, earning a match against South Africa who had lost 0-2 against China. Both teams were to play for 3rd and 4th place with the winner qualifying for the World League.
Egypt drew 2-2 with South Africa in normal time but defeated them 4-3 on penalties to qualify for the World League. Egypt were drawn in Pool A with Netherlands, New Zealand, South Korea and Japan.
Egypt had lost all its matches in the group stage, not managing to earn a single point. New Zealand defeated Egypt 4-1 in their first tie of the tournament, with the Netherlands beating them 4-0 in the second group stage clash. In the third match Egypt lost 2-0 to Japan before getting battered by South Korea 7-3 in the fourth and final game of the group stages.
Egypt was set to have one final match against Austria, who finished fifth in Pool B to decide 9th and 10th place. Egypt defeated Austria 4-3 on Penalties after an exciting 2-2 draw in normal time.
The beautiful city of Ismalia in Egypt is set to host the 2015 Field Hockey African Cup of Nations in October, with the winner automatically qualifying for the 2016 World Cup in Rio De Janiero, Brazil.