The Egypt U-20 National Team drew their second game at AFCON after...
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
- Hamoudi included in Al Ahly squad against Dakhleya
- Elmohamady: It’s going to be difficult at Leicester
Egypt finish 9th in Field Hockey World League
The Egyptian Field Hockey National Team defeated Austria in a match to decide 9th and 10th place at the Field Hockey World League finals held in Argentina. Egypt won the match 4-3 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in normal time.
The Egyptian National Team faced a tough path to reach the 2015 Field Hockey World League in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Egypt faced China, South Africa, Belarus and France in the qualifying play-offs.
Egypt defeated China 4-1 on their own turf in the second stage of the qualifiers to face Belarus in the Quarter finals. Egypt destroyed Belarus beating them 7-1 on neutral grounds. Egypt lost 5-2 to France in the semi-finals, earning a match against South Africa who had lost 0-2 against China. Both teams were to play for 3rd and 4th place with the winner qualifying for the World League.
Egypt drew 2-2 with South Africa in normal time but defeated them 4-3 on penalties to qualify for the World League. Egypt were drawn in Pool A with Netherlands, New Zealand, South Korea and Japan.
Egypt had lost all its matches in the group stage, not managing to earn a single point. New Zealand defeated Egypt 4-1 in their first tie of the tournament, with the Netherlands beating them 4-0 in the second group stage clash. In the third match Egypt lost 2-0 to Japan before getting battered by South Korea 7-3 in the fourth and final game of the group stages.
Egypt was set to have one final match against Austria, who finished fifth in Pool B to decide 9th and 10th place. Egypt defeated Austria 4-3 on Penalties after an exciting 2-2 draw in normal time.
The beautiful city of Ismalia in Egypt is set to host the 2015 Field Hockey African Cup of Nations in October, with the winner automatically qualifying for the 2016 World Cup in Rio De Janiero, Brazil.