Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Women’s World Cup: Cameroon Advance, Nigeria And Ivory Coast Fall
Cameroon have advanced to the knockout stage of the ongoing FIFA Women’s World Cup. While Africa’s other representatives, Nigeria and Ivory Coast, have been sent packing from the competition taking place in Canada.
Cameroon beat Switzerland, while Nigeria and Ivory Coast succumbed to loses against USA and Norway respectively.
Despite making their debut in the competition, Cameroon finished second in Group C to progress to the round of 16, after coming from behind to record a 2-1 win over their Swiss opponents.
Ana Crnogorcevic scored in the 27th minute to give Switzerland a first half lead. But Gabrielle Onguene scored two minutes into the resumption of the second half to equalize for the Cameroonians, before Madeleine Ngono Mani headed in the winner two minutes past the hourmark to seal the win.
In other games, Nigeria bowed out of the competition after losing 1-0 to the USA, to finish bottom of Group D with just one point. While Ivory Coast lost 3-1 to Norway to finish without a point and at the basement in Group B.