KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Women’s World Cup: Cameroon Advance, Nigeria And Ivory Coast Fall
Cameroon have advanced to the knockout stage of the ongoing FIFA Women’s World Cup. While Africa’s other representatives, Nigeria and Ivory Coast, have been sent packing from the competition taking place in Canada.
Cameroon beat Switzerland, while Nigeria and Ivory Coast succumbed to loses against USA and Norway respectively.
Despite making their debut in the competition, Cameroon finished second in Group C to progress to the round of 16, after coming from behind to record a 2-1 win over their Swiss opponents.
Ana Crnogorcevic scored in the 27th minute to give Switzerland a first half lead. But Gabrielle Onguene scored two minutes into the resumption of the second half to equalize for the Cameroonians, before Madeleine Ngono Mani headed in the winner two minutes past the hourmark to seal the win.
In other games, Nigeria bowed out of the competition after losing 1-0 to the USA, to finish bottom of Group D with just one point. While Ivory Coast lost 3-1 to Norway to finish without a point and at the basement in Group B.