Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Women’s World Cup: Cameroon Advance, Nigeria And Ivory Coast Fall
Cameroon have advanced to the knockout stage of the ongoing FIFA Women’s World Cup. While Africa’s other representatives, Nigeria and Ivory Coast, have been sent packing from the competition taking place in Canada.
Cameroon beat Switzerland, while Nigeria and Ivory Coast succumbed to loses against USA and Norway respectively.
Despite making their debut in the competition, Cameroon finished second in Group C to progress to the round of 16, after coming from behind to record a 2-1 win over their Swiss opponents.
Ana Crnogorcevic scored in the 27th minute to give Switzerland a first half lead. But Gabrielle Onguene scored two minutes into the resumption of the second half to equalize for the Cameroonians, before Madeleine Ngono Mani headed in the winner two minutes past the hourmark to seal the win.
In other games, Nigeria bowed out of the competition after losing 1-0 to the USA, to finish bottom of Group D with just one point. While Ivory Coast lost 3-1 to Norway to finish without a point and at the basement in Group B.