AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Women’s World Cup: Cameroon Advance, Nigeria And Ivory Coast Fall
Cameroon have advanced to the knockout stage of the ongoing FIFA Women’s World Cup. While Africa’s other representatives, Nigeria and Ivory Coast, have been sent packing from the competition taking place in Canada.
Cameroon beat Switzerland, while Nigeria and Ivory Coast succumbed to loses against USA and Norway respectively.
Despite making their debut in the competition, Cameroon finished second in Group C to progress to the round of 16, after coming from behind to record a 2-1 win over their Swiss opponents.
Ana Crnogorcevic scored in the 27th minute to give Switzerland a first half lead. But Gabrielle Onguene scored two minutes into the resumption of the second half to equalize for the Cameroonians, before Madeleine Ngono Mani headed in the winner two minutes past the hourmark to seal the win.
In other games, Nigeria bowed out of the competition after losing 1-0 to the USA, to finish bottom of Group D with just one point. While Ivory Coast lost 3-1 to Norway to finish without a point and at the basement in Group B.