Glen De Boeck has talked about his latest signing in summer transfer window Mahmoud...
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
Women’s World Cup: Cameroon Advance, Nigeria And Ivory Coast Fall
Cameroon have advanced to the knockout stage of the ongoing FIFA Women’s World Cup. While Africa’s other representatives, Nigeria and Ivory Coast, have been sent packing from the competition taking place in Canada.
Cameroon beat Switzerland, while Nigeria and Ivory Coast succumbed to loses against USA and Norway respectively.
Despite making their debut in the competition, Cameroon finished second in Group C to progress to the round of 16, after coming from behind to record a 2-1 win over their Swiss opponents.
Ana Crnogorcevic scored in the 27th minute to give Switzerland a first half lead. But Gabrielle Onguene scored two minutes into the resumption of the second half to equalize for the Cameroonians, before Madeleine Ngono Mani headed in the winner two minutes past the hourmark to seal the win.
In other games, Nigeria bowed out of the competition after losing 1-0 to the USA, to finish bottom of Group D with just one point. While Ivory Coast lost 3-1 to Norway to finish without a point and at the basement in Group B.