Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Al Ahly midfielder Karim Bambo tears anterior cruciate ligament
Al Ahly midfielder Karim Bambo is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after he tore his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) against Misr El-Maqassa in the Egyptian Premier League on Wednesday.
The 21-year-old was injured early in Al Ahly’s match against Misr El-Maqassa, which ended with a 2-0 win for the Red Devils.
Bambo was carried off the field to get the medical help needed, only to be subbed off for Mohamed Rizk in the 19th minute of the game.
Al Ahly doctor Khaled Mahmoud has announced after the game that Bambo suffered a bruised knee and that they need to conduct X-rays to determine the extent of the injury.
It is expected that Mahmoud will start preparing Bambo for the ACL reconstruction operation soon, after the player’s season was over.
It is worth noting that Bambo is the third Al Ahly player to pick up this injury during this season, after his teammates Mohamed Hassan and Amr Gamal.