Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
Al Ahly midfielder Karim Bambo tears anterior cruciate ligament
Al Ahly midfielder Karim Bambo is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after he tore his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) against Misr El-Maqassa in the Egyptian Premier League on Wednesday.
The 21-year-old was injured early in Al Ahly’s match against Misr El-Maqassa, which ended with a 2-0 win for the Red Devils.
Bambo was carried off the field to get the medical help needed, only to be subbed off for Mohamed Rizk in the 19th minute of the game.
Al Ahly doctor Khaled Mahmoud has announced after the game that Bambo suffered a bruised knee and that they need to conduct X-rays to determine the extent of the injury.
It is expected that Mahmoud will start preparing Bambo for the ACL reconstruction operation soon, after the player’s season was over.
It is worth noting that Bambo is the third Al Ahly player to pick up this injury during this season, after his teammates Mohamed Hassan and Amr Gamal.