Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Al Ahly midfielder Karim Bambo tears anterior cruciate ligament
Al Ahly midfielder Karim Bambo is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after he tore his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) against Misr El-Maqassa in the Egyptian Premier League on Wednesday.
The 21-year-old was injured early in Al Ahly’s match against Misr El-Maqassa, which ended with a 2-0 win for the Red Devils.
Bambo was carried off the field to get the medical help needed, only to be subbed off for Mohamed Rizk in the 19th minute of the game.
Al Ahly doctor Khaled Mahmoud has announced after the game that Bambo suffered a bruised knee and that they need to conduct X-rays to determine the extent of the injury.
It is expected that Mahmoud will start preparing Bambo for the ACL reconstruction operation soon, after the player’s season was over.
It is worth noting that Bambo is the third Al Ahly player to pick up this injury during this season, after his teammates Mohamed Hassan and Amr Gamal.