Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
Al Ahly midfielder Karim Bambo tears anterior cruciate ligament
Al Ahly midfielder Karim Bambo is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after he tore his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) against Misr El-Maqassa in the Egyptian Premier League on Wednesday.
The 21-year-old was injured early in Al Ahly’s match against Misr El-Maqassa, which ended with a 2-0 win for the Red Devils.
Bambo was carried off the field to get the medical help needed, only to be subbed off for Mohamed Rizk in the 19th minute of the game.
Al Ahly doctor Khaled Mahmoud has announced after the game that Bambo suffered a bruised knee and that they need to conduct X-rays to determine the extent of the injury.
It is expected that Mahmoud will start preparing Bambo for the ACL reconstruction operation soon, after the player’s season was over.
It is worth noting that Bambo is the third Al Ahly player to pick up this injury during this season, after his teammates Mohamed Hassan and Amr Gamal.