Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Al Ahly midfielder Karim Bambo tears anterior cruciate ligament
Al Ahly midfielder Karim Bambo is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after he tore his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) against Misr El-Maqassa in the Egyptian Premier League on Wednesday.
The 21-year-old was injured early in Al Ahly’s match against Misr El-Maqassa, which ended with a 2-0 win for the Red Devils.
Bambo was carried off the field to get the medical help needed, only to be subbed off for Mohamed Rizk in the 19th minute of the game.
Al Ahly doctor Khaled Mahmoud has announced after the game that Bambo suffered a bruised knee and that they need to conduct X-rays to determine the extent of the injury.
It is expected that Mahmoud will start preparing Bambo for the ACL reconstruction operation soon, after the player’s season was over.
It is worth noting that Bambo is the third Al Ahly player to pick up this injury during this season, after his teammates Mohamed Hassan and Amr Gamal.